Total Pageviews

Friday, June 7, 2013

Raw carrot cake POWERBALLS! (guest post)

Hi everyone!

My name is Kasey & I blog over at Powercakes about healthy eating, gluten free recipes, fitness, & my day to day life!

I am so excited to be guest posting on Carla’s blog.

She is one of the first blogs I ever started reading & she motivates me every day to follow my dream.

I am currently starting my own business with some products launching this year – super excited! I can’t believe it’s only been about 2 years since I started blogging. It has truly changed my life for the better.

I have to say, over the last 10 years I have struggled with digestive issues that have led me to cutting out gluten, some dairy, & other foods that were causing some skin irritants. Figuring out the best options for my digestion has been a long road.

Recently I have reduced animal protein consumption and I have never felt better. My energy is way up, my digestion is on point, & most of my TMI symptoms are no longer an issue.

I’ve learned to embrace the whole plant based foods such as fruits, veggies, legumes, healthy fats, clean carbohydrates, & many super foods!

I truly believe in my motto “Be True To You” because everyone is so different. Not one person’s digestive system is alike. Instead of judging others based on food choices, I love to embrace the difference and become inspired by their choices!

Today I am sharing a Raw recipe with you that is one of my favorites snack any time of the day and can be enjoyed by all. It’s raw Carrot Cake Power Balls with a simply date syrup!

Ingredients:

1 cup Soaked Dates Soak dates in about 2 cups of water over night in the fridge & then removed pits.1/4 Cup Unsweetened Coconut Flakes3 Peeled Carrot Sticks (chopped)1/2 Cup Soaked Nuts I used Brazil Nuts but any soaked nut would work. (Soak overnight in a covered container in the fridge with enough water to cover all nuts in the fridge. Nuts are easier to digest when you soak them & they blend easier for the recipe.)2 tsp of Cinnamon1 tsp pure vanilla extract1 tsp Nutmeg½ tsp Ginger½ tsp Cloves

Blend all ingredients in a food processer until combined If the raw dough is too dry, add a splash of water or syrup (recipe below) from your Soaked Dates until the dough sticks together.

Form your sticky dough into POWERBALLS with your hands. Roll the balls into some more coconut & let chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. Store in the fridge for a delicious snack any time!

Extra Bonus? The liquid left over from your soaked dates can also be used as a simple syrup!

Soaked Date Simple Syrup:

Soak 1 cup of dates in about 2-2.5 cups of water. Once you drain the dates, you’re left with a simple syrup! This is a great natural sweetener for drinks or other recipes! If you need more liquid in the recipe, you can add back in some of this syrup recipe to make it stick together more.
ENJOY!

You can also find me on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and on my POWERCAKES blog.


View the original article here

No comments: