Total Pageviews

Monday, December 9, 2013

My Thanksgiving Week Mantra…

wycwyc_small

You guys are going to get tired of me saying it but…

What You Can When You Can!

Or as I now refer to as #wycwyc — pronounced “Wick Wick“

If you missed my original #wycwyc challenge, I posted it in September and it has really stuck with me.

Actually, if I’m being honest, it has spread in my brain like a virus.

Yesterday I splurged on a giant cookie after my gym’s fundraiser. It was one of those M&M-topped monstrosities about the size of my head. I thought I’d be good with just a taste, but before I knew it, the cookie was gone.

About an hour later (probably the result of the sugar) I had an insatiable urge to just grab something out of the pantry. I was tired — NOT hungry — and the only thing that kept popping in my head were chips, crackers and pretzels.

As I walked past the pantry door I caught myself saying aloud, “Wick Wick” and walking away. Then I did what I do and posted about it on Facebook.

My what I can when I can moment right now is NOT grabbing something out of the pantry just cause I ate a cookie the size of my head. #wycwyc

And this is it, THIS is the power of #wycwyc. It’s a state of consciousnesses that can help stop the all or nothing mentality in its tracks.

Don’t throw away the day because you ate a cookie. Do what you can when you can moving forward! Sitting all day at work? Take the stairs every chance you get! Eating out with friends? Order soup and see if someone wants to share an entree! And my current favorite… Can’t make it to the gym during the crazy holiday week? Do what you can when you can and get the family out for a walk on Thanksgiving! :) 

The most satisfying and motivational part of the #wycwyc challenge is seeing other people adopting this mentality. My friend Carla, aka MizFitOnline, is the one who sent me that shirt in the above photo. She also ordered one for herself.

carla wycwyc

Just today she said her and her 7-year-old daughter say it to each other now. How cool is that?!

And I’m seeing more and more folks use it on Twitter and Instagram too!

I don’t want to get ahead of myself but do you remember when Carla and I wrote a book proposal and all the feedback we got was, you have no hook!  Well, maybe THIS is our hook.  We’ve been working on a few ideas and I’m really excited about motivating people to make positive changes that help them reach their goals. I’m so over traditional “diet” books. We keep focusing on the what to eat and how to move, when really, most people know that stuff. It’s putting it into practice day in and day out that gets ignored and as a recovering yo-yo dieter #wycwyc is the best way I can sum up my change in attitude and approach.

Even though I need another site like I need a hole in my head, this geek already set up wycwyc.com. I’m thinking it could be a fun way to pull all the stuff people post on social media! We’ll see.


View the original article here

1 comment:

Milasha said...

Think you heard the saying or stereotype that blonde girls are stupid. don’t know how it appeared but I am debunking that myth right now. The girl I met on Sofia Date has blue eyes and fair hair, and she is even smarter than my friends. I can talk about everything with her, and I feel she understands me. Also, she supports me everytime and it gives me power and inspiration. meet girls