Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Lean Cuisine Salad Additions (Southwest-Style Chicken) Review

Reviewed by Tanya Patrice | May 13, 2013
Rating:

Lean Cuisine Salad Additions (Southwest-Style Chicken)

The other day I spotted Lean Cuisine Salad Additions and curiosity gripped me tight. I try to eat a salad at least once a day, but I'm not very creative, so I was excited to see what the Southwest-Style Chicken Salad Additions would be like.

NUTRITION FACTS
Serving Size: 1 pkg (202 grams)
Calories: 260
Total Fat: 9 grams, 14%
Saturated Fat: 1.5 grams, 8%
Sodium: 590 mg, 25%
Carbohydrates: 26 grams, 9%
Fiber: 4 grams, 16%
Sugars: 5 grams
Protein: 18 grams

Inside the packaging are 3 pouches. One has the dressing, frozen since this product is kept in the freezer. There's also a package containing the chicken, black beans, corn and peppers; and another with tri-color tortilla strips. The directions are pretty straight forward. Put the frozen "chipotle ranch" dressing in water to thaw, microwave the pouch with the chicken, then add this to a bowl with lettuce (which you provide) along with the now thawed salad dressing and tortilla strips.

The result is visually striking and I have to say, it tastes as good as it looks. The chicken is tender yet still firm, and all the ingredients work well together. The dressing is a little spicy, which is expected of something that bills itself as "Southwest-style" and I must say I enjoyed the amped up salad.

Each package of Lean Cuisine Southwest-Style Chicken Salad Additions provides 260 calories from 9 grams of total fat, 1.5 grams of which is saturated (14% and 9% of the daily value), 590 mg sodium (25% of the DV), 4 grams of fiber (16% of the DV), 5 grams of sugars and 18 grams of protein.

Right now there is a printable coupon to get $1.00 off the purchase of 3 varieties of Lean Cuisine Salad Additions at Target, where it retails for $2.39. I really enjoyed the Southwest-Style Chicken and I'll be using the coupon to try some of the other varieties. I wonder which will be my favorite?

{Website: Lean Cuisine Salad Additions}


View the original article here

No comments: