Total Pageviews

Friday, January 11, 2013

Kathie's Kitchen Super Seedz (Somewhat Spicy) Pumpkin Seeds Review

Kathie's Kitchen Super Seedz

I think I might just have discovered a new favorite snack in the form of Kathie's Kitchen Super Seedz. I saw these at Adams Fairacre Farms a few days ago, and despite the $3.99 price tag (for a 6 ounce bag), I decided to pick up this gluten free, tree nut free, peanut free, MSG free & vegan, snack.

NUTRITION FACTS
Serving Size: 1 ounce (28 grams)
Calories: 160
Total Fat: 12 grams, 18%
Saturated Fat: 2 grams, 10%
Sodium: 60 mg, 3%
Carbohydrates: 1 grams
Fiber: 1 gram, 4%
Sugars: 0 grams
Protein: 9 grams

These seeds are super-tasty and somewhat spicy as the name implies. I definitely did not eat more than 1 serving at a time, but in addition to having it by itself, I also added it to home-made trail mix for the kids - they liked the spicy kick. Another reason that I didn't have more than 1 serving is that each serving provides 12 grams of total fat, which is 18% of the daily value. Of that, 2 grams is saturated (10% of the DV). Each 28 gram serving (about 1/3rd cup) also provides 160 calories, 60 mg of sodium (3% of the DV), 1 gram of fiber, no sugars and 9 grams of protein. There is also 25% of the DV for iron.

The all natural ingredients include shelled pumpkin seeds, cayenne pepper sauce (aged cayenne red pepper, vinegar, water, salt, garlic powder), granulated garlic, granulated onion, cayenne, paprika, black pepper, oregano, basil, thyme, rosemary, marjoram, sage.

As I mentioned before, I paid $3.99 for a 6 ounce bag of Kathie's Kitchen Super Seedz (Somewhat Spicy) Pumpkin Seeds - 6 servings - which is definitely on the pricey side of things, but I would buy this again. The nutrition facts are pretty good, all natural ingredients, and I can add it to salads, trail mix, and eat it on it's own. There are quite a few other varieties that I want to try as well, like Original Curry.

{Website: Super Seedz}


View the original article here

No comments: