Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Return Of the Pumpkin Head (Holiday Greediness Is Afoot?)

Uh-huh. It all started with The Pumpkin Head Experiment. That’s when I hollowed out my organic orange helmet and affixed it to my cranium. I always look forward to re-attaching my head gear when the season rolls ’round.

\"pumpkin
Now that Fall is  *this close*  to flinging itself into our midst, I’m readying my chewing jaws for increased pumpkin-pie action, cozy nights of couch-azzing while buried in 15 blankets and, as the months go on, they’ll be free food from people throwing holiday parties.

Free food is FUN. m’kay?

But what else is a greedy gal with fitness goals supposed to do at a time of year like this?

I’m keeping my goals at the forefront of my mind. I’m deciding right now what will and won’t be — how far I’ll allow myself to indulge in the indulgences of the holidays, and when to cut that shizz short.

It’s pre-decision making. Ding! I’ve decided to formulate a set of personal holiday-eating guidelines right now, and I’m imprinting these ideals into my noggin as expectations I intend to follow through on, even while staring into the face of holiday delectable goodness. Although voluntary incidents of splurging will still be had, my Greedy-O-Meter will surely be toned down compared to previous years.

Why?

Welp, I’ve got some amazing body transformation progress going on right now (a new progress pic will be posted on January 1st). Repeated overindulgence “just because” it’s the holidays does NOT fit into my plan, so I’ve pre-decided that no overeating trainwrecks will be had.

My plan is 99.998% foolproof. That other .002% is margin for cupcakes.

The mind is a powerful thing. I’m using my mind (not my food-emotions) to control what happens. Where the mind goes, the body will follow. You see what I’m saying?

But this isn’t about willpower. I see it more as taking charge and following through on the commitments I’ve made to myself. It’s gonna suck sometimes. It might will even feel heart-wrenching as I turn away from the greediness and strive to stay on course, yet I intend to finish what I started and NOT let myself down.

Will you pre-decide along with me? We CAN DO THIS together! ((insert champion music of victory here))

Ye wise ‘ole Pumpkin Head has spoken. Now go… Go from this place to frolic and be merry.


View the original article here

No comments: