Total Pageviews

Monday, June 25, 2012

My workouts.

Back on this post a few of you asked for specifics on my 20 minute workout.

Let's pretend this isnt blurry, ok?

It’s also a question I get pretty frequently by email.  It seems you wanna know what, exactly, I do for my weights routine, how frequently I lift etc.  You crazy.

The thing is, ala the We dont need no STINKIN’ HOOK! post, it almost doesn’t matter what *I* do.

It’s taken close to 43 years for me to find what works for this bod & one thing I do know is it isnt necessarily what will work for anyone else.

That said, I entirely get your frustration when that’s my response.

That said, I entirely OWN the fact it would piss me off be a bit irksome if I asked about someone’s workout plan & they merely said it might not work for me.

Id wanna decide that last piece for myself.

As a result, I give you my workout routine in three different forms so you may consume the one which works best for you.

In 86 seconds of rhyme:

In 107 seconds of (more) serious yammering:

And, finally, in terse bullet points:

Far more important than what my workouts consist of is the fact they are consistent.  ZERO  fits and starts.  When you’re consistently healthy–almost 19 years in the house!–no single day needs to be “perfect.”Im soft of core.  My training is for functional fitness not competition. When I’m lifting in a traditional fashion (read: not PLAYouts) I break down the body parts so my sessions never exceed 20 minutes.  As I say in the silly rhyme video: chest, back, legs, biceps, triceps, shoulders.  All individual workouts.

And thats me.

And precisely why Ive never blogged about my workout routine as methinks this could replace Ambien as sleep inducer.

Now you.

Does your workout routine resemble mine? Care to share?

Is your training schedule not at all like mine? Wanna divulge?

Anyone else care to vlog their exercise approach in rhyme or rap? Ill link! Ill link!


View the original article here

No comments: