Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Ocean City Half Marathon/Anniversary Weekend Recap

………………………….

I had the BEST. WEEKEND. EVER!!

Friday afternoon The Husband and I embarked on our 11th Anniversary weekend getaway to Ocean City, MD where I was registered to run a half marathon with my friend’s husband Bobby.

Here we are waiting at the start.

Ocean City Half Marathon

It was Bobby’s first Half but don’t let that fool you. He flew by me after mile 4 and demolished my time by almost 20 minutes.

Darn boys and their natural speed. lol

ocean city half medals

Here’s the video recap… Shaky again.. just be warned.

In case you don’t want to watch the whole thing here’s the last frame that shows my results.

ocean city haltf marathon results

That’s my best time ever! I’ve run 4 halves now…

05/2009 Zooma Half – 2:07:57 (First one!)

05/2010 Pittsburgh Half Marathon – 2:26:38 (Didn’t train for)

09/2011 Rock and Roll Half – 2:18:12 (Little Bean’s 6 month birthday!)

04/2012 Ocean City Half – 2:07:49

I may set a personal goal of running one under 2:00. That would be awesome!

After the run we threw our bathing suits on and hopped in the hotel’s indoor pool. It was so fun and relaxing. Other mom’s will totally understand this. Once you have kids you rarely get to swim in a pool without them. Scratch that, you rarely get to swim. It was pure joy. :)

Saturday night the four of us went out to dinner. Bobby was so sweet to surprise us with this…

Then is was off to Fagers Island!

There were "fingers"… (No, not that one. ;)

photobombs..

and just plain silliness.

Did I mention alcohol was involved. Umm yea.. a lot of alcohol. lol

We had a BLAST! Best night out in a long time.

Today we had breakfast and walked the boards. I can’t go to the beach without walking the boardwalk. It’s just not possible.

Little did I know it was the Maryland International Kite Expo!

They were gorgeous! I took some fun videos of them. Hoping to get one up on Poop Butterflies this week but right now I need sleep! Having fun takes a lot out of you! ;)

Hope you have a great weekend too!


View the original article here

No comments: