Total Pageviews

Monday, June 4, 2012

A Fit Family Day at the Mall

Only have a minute tonight but I wanted to hop on real quick and share some photos from the Fit Family Day at our local mall.

We went on a whim after Little Guy’s baseball game was canceled and I saw the article on the Patch.

When we got there they gave us 5 bracelets to track our fruit and vegetable consumption throughout the day. Every time you eat a serving you are suppose to move the bracelet from one arm to the other.

Love this idea!

Then they started little workout classes.

They did some aerobics, sit ups, pushups, even yoga…

…which was quite amusing. Even Little Bean thought so..

Overall it was a fun morning. It made me want to do more things on a local level and I inquired about possibly helping out next year or even setting up a station to give out a few copies of my cook book.

After all the activities we decided on some frozen yogurt. They opened one of those new places where you can make your own. I might have went a little nuts…

Mine was a squirt of all the fruit flavors topped with lots of fruit and a few chocolate sprinkles for fun.

I tried to share with the Bean but this is his reaction after trying almost anything in the fruit family…

He cracks me up! I can get him to eat frozen blueberries and banana SOMETIMES other than that fruit just isn’t an option. Although I must give him credit. I keep offering it and he keeps trying. Sometimes pureeing helps. One day maybe his tastes will change.

Anyway, I have one more picture to share and some of you will totally get this.

We didn’t finish them. I took a cue from the Little Guy who handed me his yogurt and said, "Here, I’m done."

I thought about it for a second and said, "Me too."

And we tossed them in the closest trash can.

I’m almost 36 years old and I think that may have been the first time I didn’t finish a bowl of ice cream.

Progress. :)


View the original article here

No comments: