Total Pageviews

Monday, April 16, 2012

Tough Mudder Training Week 6

I’m calling this week the Karate Kid workout. Derrick, my trainer friend, was all smitten with himself when I got there and asked what I needed to set up. He said, "Nothing." When I asked him what we were going to be doing he said, "You’ll see" smirked, and sent me on my run.

I knew I was in trouble.

Bear with me the drills are harder to explain this week.

~1/3 mile runStack the 5lb hand weights on top of one another then do 5 pushups and 5 crunches. Repeat with each hand weight up to 75lbs until the gym looked like this…

and this..


Then put everything back. Of course!

~1/3 mile runMove approximately 12 plates (45lbs each) (+some 25s and 10s–Honestly, I can’t remember) from the wrack to the machines and back. Then do 5 sets of 5 pushups and 5 crunches each. ~1/3 mile runBear crawl up the hill, run backwards up the hill, then bear crawl backwards up the hill (half way was all I can make it) – Repeat 3 times. ~1/3 mile runThe Wheel! AKA this…

You probably can’t hear in the video but he wanted me to pull the sand bag back with me kind of like last week but I just could not do it. It was too heavy. Going up and back was workout enough!

~1/3 mile run

That was it! sounds shorter then the other workouts but the drills were much longer. He said he wanted us to be prepared in case some of the obstacles were more time consuming.

I love these style workouts. So much more fun then just going to the gym and using a few machines in my opinion.

I’ve updated my training table. The event feels right around the corner. Time is just flying by.

In other news…

Heading to bed. Tomorrow is an early workout day!

Click here to see all my Tough Mudder Training Posts.


View the original article here

No comments: