Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Put It In Your Food Trap! Kellogg’s Krave Cereal, Kashi 7 Grain Waffles, and a Chocolate Cake Surprise

Kellogg’s Krave Cereal: If I haven’t told you in a while, I’m still a cereal whore deep down in my soul. Krave is on the of the newest thangs on the cereal block, and I gotta admit, I like it lots. Krave has a whole grain shell filled with a teeny bit of chocolate in the center, and there is ZERO High Fructose Corny-ness inside. Krave gives you crunchy, chocolatey, whole-grainy and light sweetness all wrapped into one. Just be sure to activate your self control, because you just might Krave the whole damn box until its gone.

120 Calories for 3/4 cup, Fat Cal. 30, Total Fat 3.5g, Sodium 100mg, Carbs 24g, Fiber 3g, Sugars 11g, Protein 2g

Kashi 7 Grain Waffles: Just when you thought your relationship with frozen waffles was going extinct, along comes the Kashi making it taste all extra delicious ‘n stuff. Forget about whatever it is you think you know about instant waffle pucks. Kashi all natural waffles deliver succulent, warm & fluffy texture with 7 grains of glory that truly taste delicious. But don’t just chew on them for breakfast. Kashi Waffles also make a healthy nighttime snack. Just smather on a light spreading of butter, drizzle with a bit of honey and then bite into it whole (no fork & knife required). I dare you to tell me its not tasty that way.

150 Calories for 2 waffles, Fat Cal. 50, Total Fat 5g, Sodium 340mg, Carbs, 25g, Fiber 7g, Sugars 3g, Protein 4g 

Amy’s Chocolate Cake: If you happen to be hanging around the grocery checkout line this week, go on and snag yourself the January 6th issue of Woman’s World Magazine (the one with Dr. Oz on the cover). Why? Because they’re talking about treats for health-conscious peeps, featuring my greedy opinion on Amy’s Organic Chocolate Cake on page 45. I first told you about Amy’s this past September in a Taste Test, and I still think it’s delicious and totally do-able to enjoy within a sensible diet. I’m a repeat customer of this vegan, organic cake. Click the on image below to enlarge and read my Woman’s World blurb.

click image to enlarge for your eyeballs

…and I couldn’t help but to be inspired by that big azz SparkPeople ad on the right side of the page. Do you see where it says “This is YOUR year!” …I do agree. This IS your year. You bettah grab 2012 by the horns and make it your bitch.


View the original article here

No comments: