Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 26, 2012

MizFit Commenter of the Month goes to….

Ahh People.

Back in the day—if you’ll grant me for this post that 2009 was the day–I did a Commenter of the Month blog post.

I cant speak for you, but I adored these posts.

I reached out to a  consistent commenter (whether she had a blog of her own or not!) and emailed her a list of questions.

Random, serious, snarky, silly, seeking her wisdom kind of questions.

I ceased doing this when *I* became more busy.

I put myself in the place of the reader receiving my email and thought:

I do NOT want to be the proverbial straw which breaks her too life-busy back!  We’re all stretched so thin these days I don’t want to give someone yet ANOTHER assignment.

The thing is, I have missed these posts (again I can’t speak for you. Id love you to speak for you in the comments) so Im bringing them back and would welcome your input as I do.

First, however, I wanna introduce you to JODY.


I wish I could remember when we first met (Ill blame that on the fact MizFit turns 5 next month and not the fact I turned 42.5 yesterday), but I can not.

It feels as though Ive known her forever and yet, as with so many virtual friends, we’ve never met in real life.

Jody is one of the most supportive women Ive ever encountered.

She’s a cheerleader for so many of us.

She’s always the first to congratulate on successes and encourage when we need a kind word.

She makes me believe I can keep getting better as I age.

That I will, as she has, grow stronger, wiser, more loving, and more beautiful inside and out.

Her blog is filled with fitness tips (warning! she’s weights-crazy as I am! I like to think that may be the KEY to her badass physique.), recipes ( yeah. we’re alike here too.), product reviews (she loves those Hokas. Ive never seen those Hokas) & GRATITUDE (this final one is, IMO, the key to staying young at heart).

And she has no idea Im profiling her today.

And that, alone, makes me love this post.

The very thought of her clicking through and stumbling upon it & the very *hope* it will bring a smile to her face as she has done for so many of us.

And yeah. If reading her isnt part of your healthy living routine this misfit firmly believes youre missing out.

Which all leads me back to you.

Are you as slammed busy as I imagine? Would you sigh audibly at an email from me filled with mind-challenging queries like “what celebrity would play you in the movie version of your life?” 

Or are you thisclose to jam-packed yet still have a little bit of time to ponder brain-bending issues like ‘ if you had to choose one meal to eat for breakfast for the rest of your life—what would it be?”

Please to share your wisdom (& Jody love) in the comments below…


View the original article here

No comments: