Total Pageviews

Monday, November 14, 2011

Naked Juice Blue Machine Boosted 100% Juice Smoothie Review

Naked Blue Machine

I was at Starbucks the other day doing some work, when I impulsively decided to review one of the beverages they sell there. I picked up a bottle of Naked Blue Machine Boosted 100% Juice Smoothie which cost $4.27 - way more than I would normally spend on a (15.2 ounce) bottled beverage - so I was certainly hoping that this would not only be tasty and nutritious, but would provide some super-duper fuel for my workout later in the evening.

NUTRITION FACTS
Serving Size: 8 ounces
Calories: 170
Total Fat: 0%
Saturated Fat: 0%
Sodium: 15 mg, 1%
Carbohydrates: 40 grams
Fiber: 7 grams, 29%
Sugars: 29 grams
Protein: 1 gram

First off - this is not "blue" but purple-ish. But I really didn't care about that - what I can say is that this was one refreshing drink. The first sip and I could feel some of the tiredness evaporating from my body. The drink is thick, sweet and a little tart. I have not one complaint about the flavor as I enjoyed it immensely. I drank only half of the bottle in the morning, because I noticed that each 8 ounce serving provides 170 calories from 29 grams of sugars, 1 gram of protein and a surprising 7 grams of fiber (29% of the daily value).

Naked Juice Blue Machine has (according to the product page) 27 blueberries, 3 blackberries, 3 1/4 apples and 1 banana. According to the label on the bottle, this "no sugar added" juice smoothie has apple juice, banana puree, blueberry puree, fibersol-2 fiber (maltodextrin), blackberry puree, natural flavors, fruit and vegetable juice for color, ascorbic acid (vitamin C), vitamin E (AS acetate), niacinamide, D-Calcium pantothenate (vitamin B5), pyridoxine hydrochlroide (vitamin B6), cyanocobalamin (vitamin B12).

The real question is whether I would buy this again - for $2.50 or less - probably - but for $4.00+ - nope. Too expensive and too much sugar - although I could see adding some water to it since it's so thick and making it stretch. I really did like this though, and if I had enough will power to not drink the entire 2+ servings at once, I would probably buy this more often.

No I just need to get a little extra courage to try the Naked Juice Green Machine!

{Website: Naked Juice}


View the original article here

No comments: