Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

My Homemade Knockoff of the KFC Cheesy Bacon Bowl

Is it just me, or is the TV is trying to stuff the new KFC Cheesy Bacon Bowl commercial down our throats? I was in the kitchen cooking when I heard that dang commercial playing for the 1,567th time.

That’s when I realized I had all the ingredients on hand to make my own homemade knockoff of the Bacon Cheesy Bowl. I didn’t overthink it. I just grabbed stuff to throw the meal together really fast.

This is what I used:

I’ve never had a real KFC Cheesy Bacon Bowl (and absolutely never will) but I considered my homemade version something I could sink my tooth into since I’m the one controlling the ingredients and portions.

My KFC Cheesy Bacon Bowl Knockoff

Mashed potatoes and cheesiness is a great combo. When you throw in corn, gravy and quality fake chicken, it gets better. But it’s that damn bacon that really put this homemade knockoff over the edge.

As you can see from the pic, I barely used any bacon, but hot dang if that little bit of bacon didn’t make this meal a winner. The bowl I used was baby-ish in size, so this dish, with its small portions of potato-carbs and gravy-cheesiness, didn’t have the power to screw up my day of good health.

I had fun making this knockoff. Let’s maybe see what else I can do. Whacha think?


View the original article here

No comments: