Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

MizFit, Jackie Warner, Alison Sweeney, Dara Torres, Amanda Beard…

(If I rocked photoshop there would be a hilarious image HERE of us all hanging out)

One of my favorite quotes is:  Show me the friends and I’ll show you the woman.

(no idea who said it & good ole Google proved no help. anyone know?)

Ive found this true throughout my life.

It was true in high school when my friends may have been less than desirable (you know, from a parental point of view) and it’s true now (where I like to think I ROCK by association. Im fortunate to have some smart sassy wise witty women in my life).

I was reminded of this quote when I dated, too.

Show me the friends and I’ll show you the man rang true (to my chagrin) 99% of the time.

For those of you on twitter what strikes me most on beaten to death Follow Fridays is the company into which people place (the royal) you.

What strikes me most is the *implied* message from the Tweeter of how they view the people they’re recommending by the groups into which they’ve placed them.

(pauses. rereads. realizes she’s gone horribly off-track & chooses to continue down said wrong trackage)

I was completely excited to be asked by Cafe Mom to be one of their Transform Your Workout Fitness Experts.

I love the opportunity to giveaway the knowledge Ive been fortunate enough to accrue & the chance to help others.

It’s why I started this blog.

And yeah.

I was completely excited when I was sent the list of the other women they’d selected & saw the group into which they placed me.

I hold no illusions the other women are blogging about their MizFit’citement—-but I’m still honored to be listed among them.

Show me the friends & I’ll show you the woman.

Show me the COMPANY SHE KEEPS and I’ll show you the woman.

These are two concepts I work daily to impart–on her level–to the Tornado.

Am I alone?

Are they ideas and concepts you ponder as well?

Have you, too, noticed the friends can completely be indicative of who the man or woman really is?

I’d love to know…

(Oh and if you’re curious about the workout information I selected to impart to my CafeMom Peeps you can find it all right here)


View the original article here

No comments: