Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

MUST Schedule Workouts

I hit the gym tonight. First time since Saturday morning. I know this sounds dramatic, but I NEEDED to go. I don’t know what’s happened to me over the last 6 years, but my body has changed. It WANTS to work out. I crave the movement. The sweat. The challenge.

The funny thing is I don’t associate working out with weight loss at all. I originally lost all 70lbs by "Staying Active." I did some minor stuff and just made a commitment to move more. Then I joined a gym, befriended a trainer and started running. After a year, I was hooked! I loved the way I felt. Running gave me a sense of accomplishment. Weight training boosted my confidence.

I workout because I want to, not because I have to. That was something I never understood when I was stuck in the yo-yo diet cycle of hell. Back then I thought it was a punishment for being fat. Now it’s much needed ME time. When I’m working out it’s the only time I don’t have a phone, computer, kid or husband breathing down my neck. When I’m at the gym I’m there, 100%, surrounded by people who inspire me. When I’m running, I just am.

WOW I have NO idea where all that came from. When I got home from the gym I was just so happy and inspired. Anyway, let’s get to the food journal because then I’m logging off, figuring out a new workout schedule, and settling in to watch Sons of Anarchy–my guilty pleasure show. ;)

This morning started with smoothie. I was just not in the mood for anything else.

chocolate, banana, raspberry and kale smoothie

That’s a chocolate, banana, raspberry and kale smoothie. Click here for the recipe.

Lunch was leftovers of leftovers made from leftovers…

Man I LOVE Thanksgiving! That was the end of it. I’m a little sad to see it go.

After lunch I popped a little popcorn while working.

When The Little Guy had his after school snack I grabbed a yogurt.

Those are from Aldi’s. I love the cherry!

Dinner was amazing! I experimented with a pistachio crusted tilapia and it came out great!

That white stuff is quinoa. I may make a single serving version of this for lunch tomorrow and post on GreenLiteBites.

After dinner I ran to the gym, took a BodyPump class and then ran home.

My new gym is just over a mile away. It’s perfect and I love not having to move the car.

When I got home I watched the end of Rudolph with Little Guy and then took a shower and brushed my teeth. No snacks for me tonight. I made a big orange spice tea (so awesome on a chilly fall night!)

Hope you had an awesome day!


View the original article here

No comments: