Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Lean Cuisine Veggie Cuisine Indian-Style Masala Review

Lean Cuisine Veggie Cuisine Indian Style Masala

We have a LOT of Lean Cuisine Reviews - you would think I've tried them all by now, but LC is always putting out new products, and trying different things. Recently, I came across Lean Cuisine Veggie Cuisine products - a new line of meatless offerings from the company. I scooped up the Indian-Style Masala, which is described as, "gardein chick'n strips, in a creamy tomato curry sauce with cauliflower, carrots, peas and whole grain brown rice."

NUTRITION FACTS
Serving Size: 1 entree (262 grams)
Calories: 290
Total Fat: 6 grams, 9%
Saturated Fat: 3 grams, 15%
Sodium: 640 mg, 27%
Carbohydrates: 39 grams
Fiber: 4 grams, 16%
Sugars: 7 grams
Protein: 20 grams

What had me oohing and ahhing about this meal was the curry sauce. It is lightly spicy and so flavorful that nothing entered my mouth without first being dipped in it. The cauliflower florets were bigger than I've seen in many frozen meals, and since I'm not a cauliflower fan, I wasn't too thrilled (but I'm happy they didn't skimp on the vegetables), and anything dipped in that curry sauce became mighty tasty. The "fake chicken" - or rather, Gardein chick'n didn't exactly taste like chicken - in fact, it didn't have much flavor on it's own - but ... you should know what's coming next ... anything dipped in the curry sauce (say it with me) = tasty! Color me impressed Lean Cuisine because you did pretty darn good with this Indian-Style Masala.

A Lean Cuisine Veggie Cuisine Indian Style Masala entree (262 grams) provides 290 calories from 6 grams of total fat, 3 grams of which is saturated (9% and 15% of the daily value), 640 mg sodium (27% of the DV), 4 grams of fiber (16% of the DV), 7 grams of sugars and 20 grams of protein.

I purchased this on sale for $2.50 and I would buy it again in a heart-beat. In fact, I've been back looking for it several times, but haven't been fortunate enough to find it again. I hope it becomes more widely available, and I'm looking forward to trying the other varieties of Lean Cuisine Veggie Cuisine.

{Website: Lean Cuisine Veggie Cuisine}


View the original article here

No comments: