Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Weekend Quote: Head Games

Ok, so I’ve been in a funk. As you know, this happens from time to time, and of course it oozes out here on the blog. Sometimes the funk is weight related but not always. Sometimes it’s just life. Husband ticking me off, kids on a last nerve, hormones, messy house, blah, blah, blah. You all know. You’re people, dealing with all the same crap.

When I get overwhelmed with life it manifests as body image and food issues. That’s just the way I’m wired. I’m sure there are others that don’t eat or turn to alcohol or spend more time in bed, but my “drug” of choice is and will always be food.

You know what it is?

A head game.

Cheryl said exactly what I needed to hear in a comment on yesterday’s post

Keep on doing what you are doing, running, eating well and quit playing head games with yourself.

There you have it. WHY do we over-complicate things?

Who’s with me on ending the self-sabotage?


View the original article here

No comments: