Total Pageviews

Monday, May 30, 2011

Open Call To the People of Yum Yucky: I Want Your Face On My Blog!

What fitness means to me?

“Strength, confidence, and pie-eating without the guilt.”

I am imperfect and still on my journey, yet so proud of my fitness accomplishments thus far. To hell with all that self-judgmental hogwash! This pic demonstrates how I truly feel about myself.

So now it’s your turn. This is my way of showing my appreciation for you reading my blog and being so dang wonderful. I want to celebrate YOU!

Whether you are short, tall, chubby, skinny, or somewhere in between; Black, White, Asian, Latino, bilingual or multi-functional. Whatevah! Regardless if you made goal yet or not, if you are on your fitness journey and damn proud of it, AND you’re a reader of this blog, you qualify, baby!

I want your face on my blog!

This is an open call to The People of Yum Yucky for my new weekly feature, but it won’t work without your participation.

Each week on my upper left sidebar, I will feature the stunning image of a Yum Yucky reader like you doing some fabulously fitness-related: squatting, jumping, running, enjoying an all you can eat buffet, weight training, sweating, Yoga-ing, etc., with a short 1-2 sentence quote of what fitness means to you. I will also link back to your blog, Twittah page, or whatever you choose. But I will NOT link to this, so don’t even try it. Grrrrr.

I want peeps ALL shapes and sizes, please!!!

How to be featured? Please follow these exact directions: Email your picture to josie @ yumyucky.com (with no spaces, of course). Include your name, 1-2 sentence quote and desired link back to your page. Please write “open call” in the subject line of your email. First come first serve! The sooner you submit, the sooner you will be featured.

Let’s get it goin’ now!

PS: I’ll be at Fitbloggin from this Friday morning until Sunday, so no more blog updates until this Sunday. If you’re going to Fitbloggin, too, I can’t wait to meet you in person! If not, maybe I’ll see you there next year? ka-BOOM!


View the original article here

No comments: