Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Weight Watchers Smart Ones Morning Express French Toast with Turkey Sausage Review

Weight Watchers French Toast with Turkey Sausage

You've got mail! And in the package was Weight Watchers Smart Ones Morning Express French Toast with Turkey Sausage. I thought this was an ambitious undertaking as a frozen, microwaveable food product, so I was really curious as to how this would turn out.

NUTRITION FACTS
Serving Size: 126 grams (1 pkg)
Calories: 280
Total Fat: 8 grams, 12%
Saturated Fat: 2.5 grams, 11%
Sodium: 570 mg, 24%
Carbohydrates: 38 grams
Fiber: 2 grams, 8%
Sugar: 18 grams
Protein: 14 grams

Inside the box are 2 french toast slices, 4 small sausage ... bits, and a packet of syrup. I followed the directions to microwave, and the result was a pretty decent tasting breakfast meal. The french toast was slightly sweet on it's own, and of course, with the added syrup, the sweetness factor explodes. And the turkey sausage was like what a slightly smoky, salty turkey sausage should taste like. If you've ever looked at the astronomical fat content of sausages, you'll understand why there was not more included in this meal. The question I asked myself is, would I rather purchase this product for $3.09, or make my own french toast? More on that later ...

Coupons.com

The contents of each package of Weight Watchers Smart Ones Morning Express French Toast with Turkey Sausage provides 280 calories, 8 grams of total fat which includes 2.5 grams of saturated fat (12% and 11% of the daily value), 570 mg of sodium (24% of the DV), 2 grams of fiber, 18 grams of sugars and 14 grams of protein. The ingredients list is quite the lengthy diatribe you would expect it to be since this is not an all natural product, and this is 7 Weight Watchers Points.

This product retails for $3,09, so, back to the question, would I buy this instead of making it myself, especially since it's so easy to make? For me, french toast & sausage is an indulgent breakfast, and Weight Watchers Smart Ones did a good job of providing a portion that wasn't too high in calories and fat, but this is not something I would really be eating if I were following a "Weight Watchers" plan, or trying to lose weight. If I were indulging as a weekend breakfast for example, then I would prefer to make it myself. But as I said, WW did a good job on the taste.

What do you think? Would you buy this?

{Website: Weight Watchers Smart Ones}


View the original article here

No comments: