Total Pageviews

Monday, January 31, 2011

Chocolite Protein Peanut Butter Bar (Sugar Free)

Chocolite Protein Peanut Butter BarJust check out all the Chocolite reviews, and you'll see that brand has some of our favorite products. I've already gone nuts over some of their protein bars, like the Chocolite Protein Triple Chocolate Bar (Sugar Free) and Chocolite Protein Chocolate Turtle Protein Bar - so why not try another flavor?! I picked up the Peanut Butter variety and wasted no time in trying it out.

NUTRITION FACTS
Serving Size: 34 grams
Calories: 100
Total Fat: 4 grams, 8%
Saturated Fat: 2 grams, 10%
Sodium: 130 mg, 5%
Carbohydrates: 17 grams
Fiber: 10 grams, 42%
Sugars: 0 grams
Sugar Alcohols: 4 grams
Protein: 9 grams

The combo of peanut butter and chocolate is pure heaven for me, so I had high hopes for this protein bar. At just 100 calories per package, I was excited to find a high-protein, low-calorie, gluten free snack (or dessert). I opened my bar and examined the flat, chocolate-coated treat. I took a bite and was struck with the taste of ... toffee. No, this doesn't really taste like peanut butter, but it does taste like peanut brittle or toffee. Strange, yes, and more strange since I was imagining something like the Chocolite Sugar Free Peanut Butter Cup Patties. Still, it was good, though quite chewy and not peanut buttery at all.

Each Chocolite Protein Peanut Butter Bar provides 100 calories, 4 grams of total fat, 2 grams of which is saturated, 10 grams of fiber, 4 grams of sugar alcohols, 9 grams of protein, plus 30% of the daily value for vitamin C, iron, vitamin D, vitamin E, thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, vitamin B6, folate, vitamin B12, biotin, pantothenic acid, and zinc.

sponsor
Workout Music Playlists at IntheGym.net

Look at all those vitamins and minerals ... and fiber ... and protein! The ingredients list starts with a protein blend of Non-GMO Soy Protein Isolate, Non-GMO Soy Crisps mostly soy and whey protein isolate. These bars cost $1.59 at my local grocery store and is also available online. I will definitely buy this again - though not for a peanut butter fix!


View the original article here

No comments: