Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 26, 2013

A Tough Mudder Weekend, Sensational Sunday and Unmotivated Monday All in One

I don’t even know where to begin. I finally have a moment to sit at my desk and my head is spinning. The past 3 days have been insane.

Let’s see … Friday I left bright and early for Lexington, KY. It was finally time to run a Tough Mudder with Ann and Megan, the winners of my Tough Mudder Madness contest. But first I got to spend the day with these amazing people.

20131021_KY01

From left to right that’s Jimmy, Tiger, me, Emmie, and Alan.

Emmie was our gracious host, acting as Lexington tour guide and letting us all crash at her house. She took us to the racetrack and a fabulous restaurant, but I’ll share that all on TheUnworldlyTravelers when I get a chance. If I go into too many details this post will be a novel. Plus I’m on the clock as Little Bean is napping.

Anyway, the next day the Tough Mudder team was ready. Well, as ready as you can be on a cold October day facing 12 miles and 21 obstacles.

20131021_KY02

I was REALLY cold but super excited to be doing my seventh Mudder.

20131021_KY03

The course was tough and the weather wasn’t helping but we gave it our all.

20131021_KY04

Not everyone was able to finish the course but I don’t want to focus on that. Everyone on this Mudder team did their absolute best. We all faced fears, took on the challenge and worked together as a team.

It was an AMAZING experience and I’m SO proud of everyone.

The next day (Sunday) I woke up bright and early for my 7 a.m. flight making it home in time to take this guy to his best friend’s birthday bowling party.

Screen Shot 2013-10-21 at 2.26.04 PM

Then we went grocery shopping for the week.

Screen Shot 2013-10-21 at 2.27.02 PM

The rest of Sunday we just chilled as a family. It was so nice to make dinner and eat with the family. The Husband left for tennis practice afterwards  and The 8-year-old and I fell asleep on the couch watching the Food Network.

That’s why I didn’t blog last night.

I was exhausted.

This morning I had to take the 2-year-old to the doctor for what we thought was a crazy allergic reaction but what may have been the first stage of another nasty stomach bug. The poor little guy has been camping out all morning with his water, animal crackers and Thomas on the iPad.

20131021_KY06

Me? Well I’m in my typical post-event funk. I feel like I have a million things to do and no time (or motivation) to do them. So I decided to cook something creative for lunch to cheer myself up.

20131021_KY07

That’s a kabocha squash chili I made this morning. I’m hoping to get the recipe up on GreenLiteBites sometimes in the next two days but with a doctor appointment tomorrow and speaking engagement, I’m not so sure.

Oh! and I lost my damn Fitbit! I don’t know how. The last time I saw it it was clipped to my bra and when I went to check my steps last night it was gone. It can be anywhere between Lexington and here so I really have no hope of finding it. I’m wondering if it fell off while sleeping in the plane all crunched over. Who knows.

OK, I’m going to run. Miraculously the 2-year-old is still sleeping so I’ll start prepping some kabocha chili photos now. Maybe I can squish that one in too! :)


View the original article here

No comments: