Total Pageviews

Friday, June 7, 2013

I’m not wearing any makeup in this pic.

First, a little background… My face got really bad in November 2012. I was having terrible-terrible breakouts, probably due to me being an old & crusty hormonal woman on the verge of geriatric splendor. Then I started doing my natural face care routine and the breakouts calmed down dramatically.

But wait! What remained was a ton of dark spots & scarring from where I had been picking at my face like a battle rat clawing at its prey. I had to resort to wearing makeup every day to cover those spots & scars — something I never had to do before in all my life. The breakouts stopped, thanks to good face care, but my skin still looked terrible.

Then I started juicing and my face began to clear up at an accelerated rate. It happened very, very quickly. Less than 2 months after the start of juicing, I’m back to wearing NO make up again. Sure, I still wear it on occasion, but not everyday and only when I feel like it.

I’m grateful to be juicing!

food coma Im not wearing any makeup in this pic.

Sidenote about my morning meal planning: I drink my Shakeology in the morning and slurp on my juiced greens in the afternoon (about 4X per week). When I was previously drinking the juiced greens in the morning immediately following my workout, I noticed that my post-workout recovery was horrible (ravenous morning hunger & prolonged muscle soreness). I need protein in the morning for adequate fueling and recovery, which is why I re-introduced Shakeology as my morning meal and pushed back the juice-drinking until the afternoon. This is working out wonderfully for me.

Do what works for you and be awesome.

I hope you’re having a Good Memorial Day. I wrote this post while in a food coma (you impressed?), although I was not as greedy as anticipated. Darn.


View the original article here

No comments: