Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Scenes from my Sensational Mother’s Day Sunday

Today started with all three boys ready to seize the day.

20130512_A

I put the 7-year-old right to work on his laundry.

20130512_B

I’m starting a new house strategy where everyone (minus the 2-year-old) is responsible for their own laundry. He folded and put it all away himself. He also helped me clean the basement.

20130512_C

For breakfast I made some amazing oatmeal. Both boys are huge fans!

20130512_D

Most of the morning the boys were outside playing and doing yard work while I straightened up and relaxed.

20130512_E

I did entice the 2-year-old in with my fresh, ripe pineapple.

20130512_F

But he only pretended to eat it.

20130512_G

The little bugger still doesn’t like most fruit. 

I ended up making a fabulous green smoothie with it, some spinach and a banana.

20130512_H

I’ll post it on GreenLiteBites tomorrow when I get a chance. It came out WAY better then I expected.

The 7-year-old and I took a minute to finally update our calendar that still said “February” on it.

20130512_I

Then we went grocery shopping as a family.

When we got back, the boys made ME dinner!

20130512_J

You have no idea how amazing of a Mother’s Day gift this was! The Husband is not a cook. It’s just not something he does, but he recently took a cooking class with me in Vermont and it built up his confidence a bit.

One the menu: Ricotta Gnocchi with a Tomato Basil Sauce, from scratch!

20130512_K

I decided to go for a quick run just to fight the urge to take over in the kitchen.

On my run I wore a Brady Band to see if they really are non-slip and I have to admit: I’m impressed!

20130512_L

I wore it all night and that little bugger didn’t move. The company asked if I’d help promote after they had some failed campaigns. I told them to send me a few to try and I’d see what I can do.

Now I have to figure out what I can do. lol

When I got back from my run, The Husband was still hard at work in the kitchen. He even cut me some cucumbers as an appetizer.

20130512_M

The final dish was AMAZING!

20130512_N

We are going to make them again so I can share the recipe in more detail on GreenLiteBites, but I have a few minor tweaks I want to try first.

Both kids LOVED them!

20130512_O

For dessert….

20130512_P

Sinful! The Husband knows me so well. :)

After dinner we headed to the park.

20130512_Q

And practiced some tennis.

20130512_R

It’s so fun doing more and more active things with the kids. Sometimes I feel bad for the 2-year-old because he tries to hard to be like his big brother but he usually ends up content just being in the middle of things.

We came home, watched Survivor and am now catching up on Game of Thrones and then Mad Men. Sunday night is my favorite night for TV right now. :)

Hope you had a great weekend!


View the original article here

No comments: