Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Lean Cuisine Asian-Style Pot Stickers Review

Reviewed by Tanya Patrice | May 17, 2013
Rating:

Lean Cuisine Asian-Style Pot Stickers

Lean Cuisine describes their Asian-Style Pot Stickers meal as, "chicken and vegetable dumplings with rice in an Asian-style dipping sauce." I first reviewed these back in January 2009, but I remember it being one of my favorite Lean Cuisine meals, so I felt an update was in order, with a picture of the actual product and updating the nutrition facts.

NUTRITION FACTS
Serving Size: 1 pkg (255 grams)
Calories: 280
Total Fat: 3.5 grams, 5%
Saturated Fat: 1 gram, 5%
Sodium: 530 mg, 22%
Carbohydrates: 52 grams, 17%
Fiber: 3 grams, 12%
Sugars: 9 grams
Protein: 9 grams

The heating directions say to microwave at 50% power for 8-9 minutes, which I didn't do - I have no idea how to adjust the power settings on the microwave, and I wasn't interested in trying to figure it out. Instead, I just let the microwave do it's thing for 4 minutes, and the Lean Cuisine Asian-Style Pot Stickers was just as good. The pot-sticker dumplings are tender, firm, yet chewy and the the chicken and vegetable filling is slightly salty in contrast to the sweet dipping sauce. My taste buds were loving this! The rice and veggie mix proved to be a solid partner with the pot stickers - of which there was only 5 - so all too soon, this meal was finished. Naturally of course, since I don't think most frozen meals are filling on their own, I had some veggies on the side.

One package of Lean Cuisine Asian-Style Pot Stickers provides 280 calories and 3.5 grams of total fat, 1 gram of which is saturated (both are 5% of the daily value). There is also 530 milligrams of sodium (22% of the DV), 9 grams of protein, 3 grams of dietary fiber (12% of the DV) and 9 grams of sugars. The ingredients list is not too lengthy and the components are readily identifiable.

I paid $2.20 for a package of Lean Cuisine Asian-Style Pot Stickers (on sale), and it was money well spent as I really liked the taste of the meal.

{Website: Lean Cuisine}


View the original article here

No comments: