Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Weekend Quote: Every Day

Today was a scheduled Staycation Day for The Husband and I. We shipped the kids off and spent a glorious few hours alone, in peace. No non-stop talking 7 year old, no whiny 20 month old. We went out to lunch, saw Skyfall, walked around Barnes and Nobel and window shopped at Old Navy.

It may sound like a boring old day to some but for us, it was a nice change of pace. We simply enjoyed each others company and lived a bit outside the daily grind. Maybe it’s a part of getting older, but I find this invaluable to my sanity and, well, my marriage.

“Start living now. Stop saving the good china for that special occasion. Stop withholding your love until that special person materializes. Every day you are alive is a special occasion.” -Mary Manin Morrissey

In my opinion, ‘living life as if every day is a special occasion’ is a mindset. We all have to work. We all have responsibilities and people depending on us. But that doesn’t mean we can’t make a small effort everyday to celebrate life in some way. Cook with your kids, take a walk at a local park, play catch (when was the last time you did that?), take some pictures, have a picnic in your back yard, do SOMETHING and celebrate.

I’m blaming #yogaAday for inspiring this post. I’ve been having a blast taking a moment eveyday to stretch and get creative with my camera phone. This was today’s

Celebrating life can really be something that simple.


View the original article here

No comments: