Total Pageviews

Friday, July 27, 2012

A Sensational Sunday Home from the Shore

Our beach week is over. Part of me is happy to be home and the other part if still swimming in the ocean.

MAN I love the beach! I think I was a beach bum in a former life. Nothing makes me happier then diving in waves and building sand castles with my kids. It’s better than facing this mess.

Right?

This morning I decided to leave the mess and hit the pavement in my new running clothes.

How cute is that outfit?! My Sister-in-law bought it for me for my birthday. I love it! Normally I’m running in random clothes because I refuse to splurge on workout attire. It’s just too darn expensive!

Anyway, I did 4 miles listening to my audio book. It was a nice way to start the day.

After the run I continued the laundry we started last night, prepped some food for the week and started to make breakfast all while blasting the iPod. Little Guy danced while Little Bean laughed.

It was hysterical!

Breakfast for the boys was banana pancakes and berries.

After breakfast it was time to take care of the 2 newest members of our family.

May I introduce Trooper and Sport, our new Hermit Crabs.

My breakfast was a little later. After a week of indulging in beach food I decided to wait until I actually felt hunger before eating. When I did I made myself a Spinach Omelet Roll Up and had some berries on the side.

It totally hit the spot.

The rest of the morning was spent finishing the laundry and putting everything away. We camped out upstairs for a bit reading books, watching TV and just hanging out.

Lunch started with some melon…

and (for me) ended with this amazing salad!

Click here to see how I made a Marinated Portobello Mushroom Spinach Salad. SO YUMMY!

After lunch Ryan and I went to the pond behind our house and tried out the fishing pole.

I honestly haven’t held a fishing pole in 20 years. I forgot how fun it was! We are preparing for a possible trip to Grandpa’s cabin. :)

The rest of my afternoon was pure heaven. Yesterday the husband asked if I wanted to go to the spa for my birthday which is Tuesday.

He didn’t have to ask me twice.

I splurged on a massage AND a facial. Totally worth it. I was so relaxed and happy afterwards.

I may have to start a spa savings account so I can go more regularly.

Dinner was a grill-fest!

That’s BBQ chicken, peas & carrots and roasted beets in the aluminum foil.

While all that was cooking I made a fun salad with fresh tomatoes, cucumbers and basil from the my herb garden.

We ate outside. It was gorgeous.

The meal and the day. :)

We had more melon for dessert.

After dinner we cleaned.

Came up with a new chore schedule.

Ate some Banana Soft-Serve.

And played Pokeman.

The Boy’s NEW obsession. :)

Now I’m watching Newsroom and then it’s bed. Back to my training schedule tomorrow morning, I have 7 weeks until my next Tough Mudder and the messiest inbox ever. ugh.

Goodnight!


View the original article here

No comments: