Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 6, 2012

GoPro-ing in the Sole of the City

Happy mid-weekend guys! I normally don’t blog on Saturdays but I had to pop in and share my new toy…

After killing my phone during last years Zombie run and with the Tough Mudder fast approaching, I thought it was time to equip myself properly. My goal is to capture, archive, and most importantly, share my experience in events. I want you to see what I see.

After much research I decided the best way to do that is with the GoPro camera.

From the manufacturer..

GoPro cameras are used by more professional athletes, sports filmmakers and core enthusiasts than any other camera in the world. The HD HERO2: Outdoor Edition is the most advanced GoPro camera yet. Wearable and gear mountable, waterproof to 197' (60m), capable of capturing professional full 170º wide angle 1080p video and 11 megapixel photos at a rate of 10 photos per second, the HD HERO2 is the world’s most versatile camera. Whether your goal is to capture a great day out with friends or you’re gunning for the cover of a magazine, the HD HERO2: Outdoor Edition can help you nail it and look like a HERO.

I’m psyched! How much fun is this thing gonna be?!

It takes stills…

That’s me, sitting on my stoop, eating a banana, waiting for my ride to the event.

I left the setting on wide angle. I kind of like the fish eye effect.

But it also takes high quality video…

Now, I held the camera so please accept my apologies for the shakiness, especially at the end. I was booking it! :)

I have a head mount that came with the camera and I’m considering a chest one, but honestly, I like the control of holding it. It’s so darn small it doesn’t bother me at all. We’ll see. It’s probably going to depend on the event I’m running.

Overall it’s a fun little camera and I’m hopping to get some great footage to share on the blog. Let me know what you think of the video. That is if you can stomach the shakiness. I REALLY had fun grabbing clips and capturing my experience.


View the original article here

No comments: