Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Exercise is not my passion.

Ill admit to loving me some OFFICE'ercising.

Exercise isn’t my passion.

This fact will come as no surprise to most of you.

I workout.  Consistently.  I have for close to two decades.  I have no plans to stop.

That said, when we (the royal) meet up at blogger conferences or other social media events I’m always the first to announce EXERCISE IS NOT MY PASSION.

For me the word passion is indicative of something you’d choose to do all day every day if you could.

For me the word passion is something which lights a fire inside you, sparks you to growth, & satiates a need or desire.

For me the word passion is something you long to talk about, read about, & engulf yourself in 24.7.

Exercise is not my passion.

I was reminded of this when I read a recent post by Kate .

(if you do not read her–you must. shes insightful, brutally honest & has a gift with words.  so much so I grow excited when I see a comment left here by her as I know, whether it’s what I want to hear or NOT,  there will be wisdom/loving honesty contained within).

The post in its entirety is here, but it was the two sentences below which prompted today’s blog:

Life is more than our bodies. We need strong, healthy bodies to live our life to the fullest, but when our bodies become our whole lives, we miss out on the things we wanted those bodies for in the first place.

I completely agree with Kate’s words.

Exercise & leading a healthy life is the backdrop to my daily existence.

At 42.5 I need a strong, healthy body in order to live my life the way I define as “full.”

I need energy (so I workout). 

I need strength and functional fitness (so I workout). 

I wish my back didnt hurt want a strong core & lower back (so I workout). 

I want to lead a long and vibrant next 42.5 years (so I workout). 

I want to be able to do, live and be my passion *without* bodily limitations (so I workout).

Exercise is neither my life nor my passion. 

It is, in a way which works for me, a mere (consistent!) snippet of my day which allows me to pursue my passion with limitless strength & boundless energy.

My passion (please to see definition above) is helping people & promoting healthy living.

Spreading the word about exercise is one way my passion manifests itself.

And you?

Will you take a moment & share with me what makes you come to life?

Will you take moment & share with me what you could do all.day.long. & be happier than the proverbial high-protein clam?

Will you share with me YOUR passion?


View the original article here

No comments: