Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Monkey bar Monday.

Who wouldnt smile over a HEAD SIZED cupcake?

I cant remember where it came from (perhaps the movie City Slickers?), but somehow the child & I have made a running joke out of the notion of losing our smiles.

One of us announces she’s lost her smile (meaning she feels less than happy) and the other offers a smile to try on.

Invariably the grin doesnt fit (lopsided, too big, too small, too grimace’y…you get the idea) & after a little while both of us are laughing and have re-found our smiles.

Ive had a little bit of a lost smile the past few days.

I looked for it myriad places (in books, on phone with friends, in BRAVO reality tv) to no avail.

Until yesterday.

The Tornado commandeered my smart phone while we were frolicking at the park & announced she wanted to film me monkey bar’ing.

That shit chickenbus is HARD when you’re over the age of 6 and who knew it would be where Id find my smile.


ShowOff McGee The Tornado then shared her mad skillz:


How do you re-find your smile when life conspires to steal it away?


Next time Im starting my search at the playground.  Who knew?


View the original article here

No comments: