Total Pageviews

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Adele ROCKS! And I Don’t Mean Her Music.

I can’t believe I’m about to say this.

Don’t stone me, OK?

I’m not the biggest fan of Adele’s music.

*wince*

I know. I know. She won like 5 Grammy’s. I didn’t say she wasn’t good. Actually, I think she has an amazing voice, but I have to be in the right mood to listen to her music. What can I say? I’m a child of the 80s and 90s. I like cheesy 1-hit-wonders, alt rock, classic rock, punk and goofy songs I can dance to with my kids around the kitchen–Hello B-52s and The Isley Brothers!

That being said, I’m a HUGE Adele fan when it comes to body image and just being a plain old awesome woman! Recently she was interviewed by Anderson…

Let me repeat what she said there at the end…

The key is to–first of all–be happy with yourself and then you know, if you want to improve things you don’t like about yourself then do them after you–kind of–appreciate yourself.

Yes. Yes. YES!

She hit the nail square on the head.

I love Adele not for her music (although watching her perform does bring a tear to my eye.) I love her because she’s a confident woman who knows who she is and makes no apologies.

Now that’s inspirational.


View the original article here

No comments: