Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Hannah’s Tummy Tuck Update and Day 41 Pics

Let’s get to the pics first! Scroll through to see how far she’s come.

Lookin’ good, girl!

Hannah recently returned from frolicking in MEXICO in that two-piece! Here’s what she shared about her progress before she left for her trip…

Monday, Dec 26th 2011: The front view is my favorite! I gaze at it each morning while I’m getting ready. It is just what I wanted. The side view shows the swelling I’ve been telling you about. You can see how it protrudes. I can “suck it in” a little. I know that getting back to running, Shaun T, and ab exercises will help to fix that. I’ll be whining to the doctor about the swelling on Wednesday. My tummy is hard! When I make people touch it, I’ve had comments like “that feels like a pregnant belly”. I’m sure I wasn’t mentally prepared for this swelling. I will report later on the doctor’s observations. I’m wearing one of the swimsuits I bought for my upcoming trip to Mexico. I’m very, very pleased with how it fits and looks.

Monday, Jan 2nd 2012 (Day 41): I’m already packed (for Mexico)! I went to the doctor Wednesday. She released me for all exercise. Then I said, “Abs too?” And she said, “Not yet… Listen to your body. You won’t want to do abs.” She’s right. Ab exercises don’t hurt but it feels like there’s a blank spot there and I have no strength. For instance, if I’m laying flat on my back (like in the bad, bad tanning bed) it is hard to get up! So I’ll ease into that. Then I showed her some Insanity exercises and she said “Listen to your body. Do what feels comfortable”. But I can run on the treadmill!!! The day before my surgery I did 3.5 miles in 40:07. Today I walked 2 and jogged 2 minutes. I did 2.96 miles in 40:00. I feel good about that. I should quit complaining about the swelling. It is getting better every day. Plus I am so pleased to gaze upon my tummy every day. I stand there in my bra and panties fixing my hair and just admire and smile. Oh and one more thing. I still weigh 138. With reduced activity and the holidays, I feel like that is an accomplishment, too.

I can’t tell you how happy I am for Hannah. We can expect at least one more update on her progress at around 12 weeks post-surgery (the official finish line for healing). If you’re new to Hannah’s journey, catch up on her pre-surgery and day 5 and day 18 updates.


View the original article here

No comments: