Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Weekend Quote: Find Your “Basketball”

I did something this morning I would have dreaded in my 20's (I can’t even say a few years ago anymore, how sad is that?! I’m OLD! Anyway….) I ran to the gym, took a step class, stayed for BodyPump and then ran home. I was engaged in physical activity from 7:15 AM until 9:45 AM.

I know. I know.

I’m CRAZY!

Believe me. I can’t stress enough how this was not only out of the question for me 10 years ago, but I made fun of people who did it. I remember rolling my eyes at friends who went running while on vacation. I mean WHO runs on vacation. You’re on VACATION!

Now, I do it routinely. Heck! I look forward to the change in scenery.

I dreaded, despised, hated and loathed any type of exercise for as long as I can remember. Even as a kid I would fake an injury to get out of running laps in gym.

Seriously.

My point is… I am an exercise immigrant.

How’d I get my citizenship?

By finding things I like to do instead of forcing myself to do things I thought I should be doing.

“An hour of basketball feels like 15 minutes.  An hour on a treadmill feels like a weekend in traffic school.”  ~ David Walters

It’s all about finding your “basketball!”

That’s the ticket in. The first domino. The rolling ball.

Exercise is simply moving. Sometimes I think we try to make it more complicated than that.

It’s isn’t.

Funny thing is… when you do start to move more, momentum can take over. 6 years ago I started walking with my (first) baby, something I still love to do, and now I look for every excuse I can to get to the gym or go for a run.

I wouldn’t have believed it either.


View the original article here

No comments: