Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 24, 2011

A Kale-erific Sunday

Today started with 3 generations in the house.

Grandma and Grandpa visited so Mom and Dad could have fun Friday night at an office Holiday party and fun we had! Let’s just say Saturday I had a bad case of the "Beer Flu" or rather the "Vodka Flu." It wasn’t pretty but Friday night rocked and The Husband and I had a blast. I look forward to his office party every year. It’s a fun dressed up night out.

Anyway, for breakfast I made myself a mushroom and kale omelet.

Start keeping track, this is kale consumption #1.

Little Bean had some cheerios, banana and eggs.

Now it may look like he’s pounding the omelet, but truth be told he needs a little help getting it down. Check out our latest Baby Food Adventure and you’ll see what I mean.

Little Guy didn’t have breakfast with us, he was at a sleep over.

The rest of the morning was spent following around our little crawler.

Grandma and Grandpa left once Little Bean went down for nap and soon it was time for lunch.

That’s kale consumption #2 – a Kale, Pear and Hummus Wrap. Click here for the recipe.

I actually didn’t plan on eating so much kale today. I just have a huge bag and every time I open the fridge it’s staring me at the face. This is why I organize my fridge the way I do.

It was already midday and I really didn’t get much accomplished. I attempted to start the laundry, but it just sat in the foyer.

It was a really laid back weekend. I feel like we are winding down for the end of the year. It’s nice.

Around 2 we picked up Little Guy and finished up some Christmas shopping. I have a few more things to pick up for the husband but other than that and wrapping, we are done.

We came home and I actually got a load of laundry in. The Baby went down for nap and so did somebody else…

Right next to him on the couch…

Little Guy and I played Don’t Break the Ice. A classic. :)

Dinner time and kale consumption #3 – Tacos!

I used a little less than 1/2 pound of lean beef, a can of black beans, 2 cups of chopped kale, my taco seasoning and a splash of salsa. No one said a thing about the beans or the kale. Everyone loves taco night! Especially me. It’s so easy to bulk it up with healthy stuff.

I also discovered Little Bean LOVES black beans. He was pounding them while I was cooking!

After dinner we did our Science Sunday experiment. This is a weekly tradition we are trying to keep although, to be honest, we forget most weeks. Thankfully Little Guy got a Chemistry Lab as an early Christmas gift from Grandma. It gave us just the nudge we needed.

With the boys getting ready for bed I prepped a Spaghetti squash I roasted earlier. Honestly, I totally forgot about it. Around lunch time I popped the whole thing in the oven without even cutting it. Then when we left I shut off the heat figuring it would still cook and…

It did! Perfectly! I’m psyched to have it all ready for the week.

Right now I’m watching the finale of Iron Chef. I’ve been a bit obsessed.

I wasn’t sure what I was going to call today’s post. I normally go with some variation of Sensational as that’s the whole point of my Sunday’s, but I honestly felt like I didn’t do much. I didn’t workout. I didn’t take the boys on some adventure. It was just a low-key day with the family. Then, when I looked at the photos, I realized how awesome it really was (and how much kale I ate.) What else could I possibly want out of the day? I ate good food, spent time with the family and got ready for the week the best I could. That’s what Sensational Sunday’s are all about.


View the original article here

No comments: