Total Pageviews

Friday, December 23, 2011

My Misfit NYC (part 2)*

(Im clinging to the belief there’s no other way to blog from the WordPress Android app. If there is *I* can’t figure it out)

It is BigPicBigPic WordsWordsWords again–but it was such a fun experience and I wanna share.

Friday I woke & immediately made me some hotelroom coffee.

I *love* me some hotelroom coffee.

I set it up the night before (nerd alert) and crawl over & press ON as soon as I open my eyes.

Love.

Then, after feeling my bod move in slow motion, I knew I should workout (hence the pic of my gosportid bracelet. I’m a worrywart in that way and guessed correctly Id be the only one in the hotel gym. On the flipside of my Seuss quote? An emergency contact #).

I *needed* to do cardio.

Just a little (though as per pic I sweated plenty for some reason) but enough to give my body what it was screaming for: STRETCH & FOAMROLL.

(How much do I love the hotel had a foamroller?  How much is that an indicator of getting older that I wake up and my bod screams for a foamrolling & not otherstuffs ;-) )

I then donned the thinnest down jacket known to (wo)man kind (and grown up shoes!) & headed out to meet with Shape Magazine.

And got lost.

A lot and again and AGAIN started out in a cab & was unceremoneously dumped, err, lovingly deposited at the wrong spot (!).

Ever the capable misfit I not only found someone to point me in the proper direction I located me a menorah & made said someone snap my picture with it.

(I have many fears but apparently one of them is NOT being thought a tourist. I own it.)

Finally I found Shape Magazine, secured my security sticker, & was on my way.

The offices were precisely what Id imagined (mags everywhere. My vision of heaven though I was far too professional to snag any) & the flaxseed icing on my protein cake was the fact there was a casting happening & I got to glimpse myriad models up close and SHAPEpersonal.

Very cool and they were all exceedingly friendly (well, after I killed em with AustinKindness).

LOVED the woman I met with at Shape.

She spent close to two hours with me talking about YOU.  About bloggers.

Bottom line is, love the mag or skip it as a read, Shape Magazine gets us, Shape Magazine appreciates us, & Shape Magazine sees value in us.

So. Freakin. Refreshing.

Next I was on to Mens Fitness (same floor as Shape which offered even me little opportunity for getting lost).

There I gained lots of insight into the male mind (watch out Ren Man) *and* the male mind as it approaches social media and magazines.

So. Freakin. Interesting.

At this point I was so exceedingly hungry.

I was thisclose to hallucinating.

I had a big case of the sads Id eaten the last of my beef jerky that morning and almost threw myself on the floor and had a TornadoWorthy meltdown in the MF offices.

Quicksnacksadlynotpicturedlater (I’ll never be a food blogger) I was on my way to the Yellowman offices.

On my way in a cab driven by an individual who knew precisely where we were going.

It was a Christmakkah miracle.

Yellowman, after learning my love for them and all things tattoo, invited me to preview upcoming lines.

Good lord I loved me some upcoming lines.

All of it.

Beautiful tattoo prints, new cuts of apparel, & myriad bright and more muted colors.

(yada yada bears repeating I’ve PURCHASED most of my Yellowman. I’m just a tremendous fan of everything from the clothing to the way the brands creator appropriated a slur used against him, made it his own, & named his company said slur)

I channeled the FTC, resisted begging for apparel, happily left with a catalog and spent the cab ride back to my HardToLocateHotel circling my desires.

The rest of the weekend (the above was fridayDAY) was a whirlwind of talking, eating, laughing, picture taking, video shooting and TALKING.

I remembered why I love blogging (interesting opportunities for which I am tremendously grateful/finally meeting in real life ‘friends’ I’ve adored from afar for a while).

I (almost) remembered why I miss the east coast around the holidays (almost).

But yeah.

After 4 nights away I was so ready to git home to the last picture above.

*Am* so ready to git home to the last picture above.

I’m at the gate. My plane is here. And my misfitass is ready to board.

See you on the other side…..

I’m confident this post is jampacked with typos & other accidents of my thumbtyping. Please to forgive.


View the original article here

No comments: