Total Pageviews

Friday, December 23, 2011

Best. Compliment. Ever.

This weekend, while all dressed up at the Holiday Party I keep talking about (can you tell I rarely go out anymore,) The Husband gave me the best compliment ever.

It wasn’t that I looked beautiful or skinny. It wasn’t about my new dress (which I bought especially for the party. This one to be exact.) He didn’t notice my new shoes or the dangly earrings I dug out of my jewelry box. Nope, his compliment had nothing to do with my physical appearance at all. He simply leaned over and whispered in my ear,

“When did you get so confident?”

He may not have meant it as a compliment, but it made me blush then and it’s bringing a tear to my eye now. As I said in my Exposed post, it’s always been confidence I wanted.

confidence

P.S. Everyone is asking for a photo and unfortunately we didn’t take ONE PICTURE. I’m kind of mad at myself for that. In a way I took took the day off and that meant no camera.

*image source


View the original article here

No comments: