Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Shocking Image From My Grocery Store Haul (Don’t Be Jealous)

There is no need to adjust your computer screen or overdose on eyedrops to intensify your vision. You are indeed viewing a high resolution, groundbreaking image from my recent grocery store haul.

So how can a clean eating diva such as myself have the ballz to buy all this shitty food?

Food is fun. I use the tasty-healthy foods for fuel and health, but sometimes I just like to have a little sinister fun and buy some crap. Years of practicing moderation (and finally getting it right over time) has given me the ability to enjoy crappy food indulgences without going overboard. I trust myself around sweets, so every once in a blue moon I allow myself to go buck wild enjoy these kind of treats.

The Apple Jacks and Devil Dogs are for me. That is all.

The cookies, doughnuts, cinnamon buns and Fruit by The Foot are for the Greedy Family. I don’t eat their stuff. I don’t like their junk food choices.

I tried to do the cold turkey thing with the family and force them to eat healthy all the time and totally restrict their junk foods, but that didn’t work. There was bitching and whining and uprisings. So while I still (sometimes) buy them the crap they request, I’ve been very successful at slowly introducing healthier options into their lives that stick.

In the midst of the junk food crap you see pictured, I’ve already got the Greedy Family enjoying healthy options like brown rice, fresh salmon, whole wheat instead of white flour products, Greek yogurt and fresh fruits, where they refused that stuff relentlessly in the past. I let them have some crappy foods as a compromise as I continue to slowly (and unforcibly) encourage better food choices. It’s been a process.

As for me? I’ve already had multiple bowls of Apple Jacks and plan on a Devil Dog for late night snack (gasp!). Once my treats are gone, they’re gone. It’ll be weeks before I enter into this kind of greedy glory again. This is how I have my cake and eat it too – all without gaining any weight.

So tell me: what’s your own greedy-eating philosophy?


View the original article here

No comments: