Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Wednesday Weigh In: Plateau City

I know I haven’t "weighed in" here the last couple of weeks. Part of me was just unmotivated to do so. It’s hard to come back week after week weighing the same thing when you actually are trying to lose. The last 8 weigh-ins go like this…

0
-1.4
0
+.4
-.2
+.2
-.2
-.4

That’s a grand total -.2 for 2 months.

I get the plateau question a lot and I understand the frustration, especially RIGHT NOW. My response is always the same… Just keep trucking.

Let’s think about this. What’s the alternate?

Am I suppose to get mad the weight isn’t coming off faster and then drown my sorrows in a pint of Ben and Jerry’s?

There’s no going back.

There’s no off plan.

If I never lose another pound I will still to eat the way I’m eating. I will still run and go to the gym. I will still dance at weddings, climb walls, go on hikes, and get lost in corn mazes.

I may have a weight loss goal but it’s secondary to my lifestyle goal.

I’ve reached that one a long time ago and nothing the scale says can take that accomplishment away.


View the original article here

No comments: