Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Four on a Friday (VEGAS edition)

Because really what says VEGAS more than TUTUS?

By the time you read this Ill be happily on a plane, snuggled with my Kindle, and heading toward Las Vegas.

I could do an entire series of posts about how much I adore flying.

The abdication of control. The navigation resting on someone elses shoulders. The slice of (relative) silence in an otherwise harried world.  The fact Ive been married to a reluctant flier for 15 years and STILL dont understand said reluctantnessment.

Love. Love. Love.

Which leads me to my fabulous (or at least bullet’ed for your reading pleasure) four on a friday.

Today I may be obsessively practicing my talk be less laid back than on other flights as Im heading to Vegas to do a presentation.  For a brand (read: to grown-ups).  About harnessing the power of Twitter (specifically) & social media (in general).   Im excited. Im ready. Im not donning the tutu till Im finished (for those of you, like Ren Man, who were worried) and I plan to phone-blog any and all adventures.After this brief trip Im homebound until I head off to Los Angeles & Blog World/New Media Expo. Im speaking on the subject of Finding a Better Fit.    My panel will focus on transitioning passions (blogging and fitness) into business partnerships with brands & how to each manage blogging/social media engagement to translate personal brands into viable business opportunities.  (translation: My co-panelists Kelly, Andrea, Leah & Steph are amazing, savvy women. I plan to listen & take notes as well as speak)

And ever the misfit (where on earth she gets it from I have no idea!!!) the Tornado insisted on wearing both sets around the house for a while FLEXING and attempting to shatter then with her emerging bicep muscles:

Hmmm I guess thats really it.  Duly noted I only had three—but am unflaggingly smitten with alliteration.

So that’s where I am on this friday:

Flying, not tutu wearing (yet!), hydrating, & excited to head to LA soon.

And you?

What shall I do with my free time in Vegas? (it has been so so long since Ive been there!) Got any tips for me?

Are you still Brita challenging? Did you procure you some bangles or rubberbands as well?

Are you heading to Blog World Expo? Attending VIRTUALLY?

Do you live in LA? Shall we meet up and frolic while Im there?


View the original article here

No comments: