Total Pageviews

Friday, October 28, 2011

A Paranormal, Zombie filled, Spectacular Fall Weekend!

I have so much to tell you about this weekend I don’t know where to start!

I guess ‘the beginning’ makes sense. Huh?

Ok here goes…

Yesterday I woke up early for the Run For Your Lives Obstacle and Zombie Run. It was a BLAST! I’d love to tell, and SHOW you more about it, but unfortunately my camera didn’t survive. Let’s just say my high tech water proofing device (a zip lock bag) didn’t survive crossing a river.

YES a river!

Thankfully I have phone insurance and they will be shipping me a replacement, but until then my photos are stuck on the sim card. Once I get them out I’ll write a more detailed review of the run.

Right now all I have is this one of Carrie and I at the finish. Proof that we survived, even though we didn’t.

I’ll explain in a few days.

After the run I watched my Little Guy play soccer. It’s amazing how much progress he’s made this season. It’s so much fun watching him and all the boys out there. I think they are converting me into a soccer fan!

Once the game was over we raced home and handed the kids off to a babysitter. We had a date for a matinee and dinner. Paronomal Activity 3 opened this weekend and as you may know, I’m a huge horror/suspense fan.

It was alright. I liked the second one better. Without spoiling anything I’ll just tell those that care to ignore everything they saw in the previews. Once you see it, you’ll understand.

After the movie we went to dinner and headed home for the Notre Dame game. I read Little Guy a few chapters in a Goosebumps book and then crashed before the end of the 2nd quarter.

I. was. tired.

This morning I woke up for more fall fun! And I have the pictures to prove it!

Little Guy and I finished up some crafts we started the night before.

I love having a kid who’s into crafts.

We can’t wait to get our hands on these babies!

Before too long Little Bean decided to join us. I love when babies wake up happy!

Nothing makes me happier than this photo…

We were making Banana Oatmeal Cups. Click here for the recipe.

While the muffins baked I washed the produce we picked up from a local farm on Friday…

and Little Guy made a card for his Friend’s Birthday.

The muffins were almost done, but I wanted something more for breakfast.

I made myself a warm, indulgent bowl of dark chocolate raspberry oatmeal. Click here for the recipe.

Once the cups were done and cooled someone stole 4-5…

Someone else was very interested.

After we cleaned up after breakfast it was time to tackle…

The junk drawer.

I can’t be the only one who has one or two. OK, OK, I have THREE! At least we made a dent…

What was the Husband doing?

Ohh yeah. It was his turn to do some sorting.

We finally got everyone dressed and headed to the bowling alley for a birthday party.

That’s Little Guy on the left and his best friend on the right.

We all had a good time. Even Little Bean and Dad…

I handed the husband the camera so I can get in on the cute baby action too…

When we got home it was time to start sketching.

I don’t know if I told you, but the whole family is dressing up this year.

The Husband = ShaggyMe = VelmaLittle Guy = ScoobyLittle Bean = Scrappy Our Red Rider Wagon = The Mystery Machine

My plan is to paint the sides of the van on cardboard and fasten them to the wagon.

While I sketched, Little Bean napped and the Boys sunk even more into their Lego obsession.

Although, I was able to lure Little Guy away from Dad with paints.

Works every time.

We sketched, made the colors and then painted the sides all by ourselves. I was so proud. They came out great!

and SO MUCH FUN!

Afterwards we headed out to a local comic book shop I learned about at the Zombie run. We were then SUPPOSED to go grocery shopping and then come home and make dinner, but instead we fell prey to Outback and decided on a nice family dinner out.

I got a cup of french onion soup and their new tuna dish, skipping the butter on the veggies, and it was out of this world! Really good. Wish I had my camera phone to take a picture!

Right now I’m watching The Walking Dead and The Husband is folding the last of the laundry.

Looking back and writing this, I can’t believe how much awesome was packed into one weekend! I LOVE October. It’s fast becoming my favorite month.

Hope you had a good weekend. I need to wrap this up and head to bed!


View the original article here

No comments: