Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 30, 2011

My Progress Pic: This Is What I look Like Today!

I forced Health-hater Husband to snap this pic at 6am this morn. He was grumpy as hell.

So this is what I look like right now. Whatcha think? Not too shabby for a woman who birthed four child-spawns? I actually desire to get knocked up again, but husband said “hell no”. Eh, he’s right. I could potentially become a first time grandmom in 8-12 years anyway (because Greedy Kid #1 is already 18-years-old).

Besides my early morning rat’s nest hair-do, darkness under the eyeball and ashy knees (can I borrow some lotion, please?), I’m pretty happy with the way I look. Well, I’m downplaying it actually. I am FREAKING STOKED!!!

I haven’t gone for a run or lifted weights in a long while. I accomplished my current fitness state through bodyweight exercises, plyometrics, Shakeology, plenty of water, and a clean diet, while still enjoying the occasional weekly splurge on something like pizza, cake, pancakes, etc. EXCEPT for stuff like white flour pasta, a bunch of sugary-sh!t, and soda. I don’t eat that crap. I keep packaged foods & restaurant foods to an extreme minimum.

I still have some fatty parts showing around my stomachs areas, but mostly in my thighs. The thighs is a genetics thing for me. My next round of fitness bad-ass-ness will have a big focus on weight training with compound movements. The mission at this point is to continue to get lean while focusing on muscle development in my legs. That way, when the rest of the thigh-fat melts, my leg muscles will be swaggin’ like ka-POW! 

Ya feelin’ me?

You guys, continue to work hard and stay consistent with your workouts. I never thought I’d get to a point where I be happy with my body, especially after looking like this before I got started with my fitness journey. As you may have heard me mention, I’m working on videoing my personal workouts. That’ll be rolling out soon and I’m excited to be sharing it with you. Watch for it so we can workout together!

Now getting back to YOU. It is possible. You can do it. You just have to want it really bad. Let that desire fuel you and push you and take you to where you want to be. There will be days when you feel like it’s not working; like your hard work isn’t making a difference; like you should just quit instead and (try) to live happily ever after where you’re at right now.

But ohhh, you keep at it. You just wait and see. I dare you to keep…kicking…ass.


View the original article here

No comments: