Total Pageviews

Monday, September 26, 2011

Chatty Post: Race Plan, Funk Update, and More.

Oh my word. I just enjoyed the most amazing Banana Soft-Serve! I used a frozen banana, almond milk, dark chocolate cocoa powder, a bit of protein powder, and frozen blueberries. It was creamy and DELICIOUS! I wish I had better light, I would have snapped a picture for you.

OMG I’m becoming such a food blog photo snob! lol

Anyway, just a chatty post today. I’m not sure how long Runner’s High lasts, but I think I’m still basking in the post-race glow. And THAT is why I run events. They make me happy. There’s the goal accomplishment, of course, but there’s also the re-energizing that happens being around happy, active people.

It’s really, REALLY inspiring.

I have 2 events lined up in October I’m super excited about.

The Atlantic City Marathon – No I’m not running the WHOLE marathon but the half. If you guys remember the Husband and I are big AC people, but we haven’t gone since before I got pregnant. So when Jen told me about the AC half I hopped on the opportunity to make it a weekend away with hubby. Little Bean will be 7 months and it’s time the Husband and I get away. I’m just using the event as a fun excuse to do so. ;)The Run for Your Lives Zombie Run! – If you’ve been reading for any period of time, you may know I’m a bit of a Horror Movie freak. So when Carrie told me about the Zombie run I had to hop on it. Plus it’s an obstacle course run. Something I’ve been wanting to try for awhile now.

How fun is my October going to be?!?

The running is helping pull me out of the funk I’ve been fighting. It’s an outlet for me. A sport. I get to work at it and see progression. I set goals and build confidence as I reach them. Not to mention it just makes me FEEL good. It makes me take time for myself and as some of your know, nothing beats that post-run feeling!

OMG. I’m a RUNNER! lol Still hard for me to believe.

STILL.

Anyway, I had a great day. How could I not hanging out with this guy all day?


Us this afternoon.

There are times I feel like the luckiest woman on the planet yet I miss working outside of the home. I feel like a walking contradiction. For some reason I struggle with feelings of guilt that I work for myself and I’m constantly second guessing myself and my choices. Wrap all that up with adjusting to life with a baby and the stress it adds to a marriage and there you have it… Funkville.

I’m getting over it. Just like the half, I think to myself… forward progression.

On Friday I recorded a video for GreenLiteBites and that felt great!

I miss recording and I hope to get more consistent again. Tomorrow I have a call about FitBloggin’12 as I’m trying to assemble a team to help. There’s no way I can do it without more help next year.

I think I could keep going with this post. It’s therapeutic but I have to go to bed! My goals this week are more sleep and less snacks. Sounds simple, doesn’t it?

Oh and before I go I want to share a pic of my dinner because it’s just so stinking pretty!

Ok, signing off. ‘Night!


View the original article here

No comments: