Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Things Ive learned since losing almost half of me (guest post).

You have to start out small. Do not look at the big number you need to lose by the time you are done. Set small reachable goals like 5% of your weight or 5 or 10 pound increments. Each time you reach one celebrate! Chipping away at 120 pounds was easier when I looked at it 10 pounds at a time.You will sustain change over time by making 1-2 small changes every week or 2 and building upon them. I did not go from eating out every day to paleo in a week. It took a good year to instill each healthy living habit I live today. Every week I pushed myself harder and worked more towards an end goal: to cut out all the processed junk and eat whole, natural foods.Exercise is not always what the body wants but it is what the body needs. Our bodies were built to exercise, our ancestors walked and ran everywhere no cars, no planes. I do not always want to get up and workout but after a workout I feel so good that it keeps me excited for the next one.Living healthy is not the easiest choice to make. There is so much cheap quick diet fixes out there and it can be tempting to try them, I did I always failed long term. Weight Watchers is what worked for me because it taught me to eat healthy balanced meals and control my portions. Losing an average of 8-10 pounds a month was the healthy way to do things and it has kept me consistent, to lose 100 pounds in 14 months.Keep setting new goals and achieving them. I mix up my workouts, I look for new challenges. It keeps the body guessing and me working harder and harder every month. I like to find new challenges and set new obstacles for myself to overcome.Most Important: You can do anything you set your mind to. At 272 pounds I never ever would have thought I would one day we running half marathons and training for a full. But thankfully I am and I know that no matter what challenges I face it can be done.

MizFit comment: I love me some Colleen.  Ive had the opportunity to meet her in person and beg her for a guest post and she’s as amazing IRL as she is on her blog.


View the original article here

No comments: