Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Blue Diamond Almonds (Garden Herb) Review

Blue Diamond Almonds (Garden Herb)

I love how Blue Diamond took nuts to another level by adding spices - the Blue Diamond Almonds (Lime 'n Chili) and the Vanilla Bean Natural Roasted Almonds are ridiculously good, so when I saw Blue Diamond Almonds (Garden Herb) on sale, I decided to try it.

NUTRITION FACTS
Serving Size: 28 grams (about 28 nuts)
Calories: 170
Total Fat: 15 grams, 24%
Saturated Fat: 1 gram, 6%
Sodium: 125 mg, 5%
Carbohydrates: 5 grams
Fiber: 3 grams, 11%
Sugars: 1 gram
Protein: 6 grams

I didn't like this one (the Garden Herb) as much as the other two, but flavor-wise it was spot on - a little salt combined with a herb mix (and it's a wee bit garlicky too). I think not everyone will appreciate this flavor, but I liked it. The problem is that some of this powdery mix would come off on my fingers, and when it's combined with moisture after eating a few nuts, it gets "tacky" or sticky (like glue) and comes off on any surface touched.

Now, as usual with nuts - you have to be really careful about portion control, because natural or not, they are high in fat for just a small amount. A 28 gram serving of Blue Diamond Almonds (Garden Herb) (about 28 nuts) provides 170 calories, 15 grams of total fat (24% of the daily value), only 1 gram of which is saturated (6% of the DV). There is 125 mg sodium (5% of the DV), 3 grams of fiber (11% of the DV), 1 gram of sugars and 6 grams of protein.

Coupons.com

The ingredients in Blue Diamond Almonds (Garden Herb) are almond, vegetable oil (canola, safflower and/or sunflower), corn, maltodextrin, sea salt, rice flour, garlic powder, spice, sugar, citric acid and spice extracts (including thyme, oregano, rosemary). I bought a 6 ounce container for $2.99 on sale (regular $3.99).

This is not one of my favorite flavors though, and I certainly wouldn't buy it again at regular price, however, I am intrigued enough to try some more of the Bold Blue Diamond Nuts.

{Website: Blue Diamond Almonds}


View the original article here

No comments: