Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Rokit Fuel Stud Muffin Cereal Review

Rokit Fuel Stud Muffin Cereal

Since I had already experienced Rokit Fuel Cherry Almond Cereal Review, I knew it was heavy on the oats, so this morning, when I wanted a filling breakfast (8 mile run yesterday and 2400 yard swim today demands fuel), I decided to have Rokit Fuel Stud Muffin Cereal as a "hot cereal" breakfast.

NUTRITION FACTS
Serving Size: 95 grams
Calories: 380
Total Fat: 12 grams, 18%
Saturated Fat: 1 gram,, 5%
Sodium: 135 mg, 6%
Carbohydrates: 63 grams
Fiber: 6 grams, 24%
Sugars: 23 grams
Protein: 9 grams

I boiled some water and added it to the Rokit cereal already in a bowl and stirred it around - this absorbs water. The taste was sweet, but not too much so and it seemed like every bite had a crunch from nuts - I thought it was almonds, but there's also sunflower seeds, pecans, sesame seeds and walnuts listed in the ingredients list. There was also quite a bit of blueberries (which to me tasted like chocolate chives - possibly because of all the spices added), and I love my tart cherries in cereal, but they seemed to lose the tartness here. Still, I LOVED this as a "hooked up oatmeal." Quite tasty and very filling.

Coupons.com

Each 95 gram container of Rokit Fuel Cherry Almond Cereal provides 380 calories, 12 grams of total fat, 1 gram of which is saturated fat (18% and 5% of the daily value), 6 grams of fiber (24% of the DV), 23 grams of sugars and 9 grams of protein. The ingredients are all natural.

That's a lot of calories for breakfast - but like they say, this is Endurance Food, and not only that, I found this to be a filling breakfast. I had an apple a few hours later, but felt no "I'm starving" hunger pangs when lunch time rolled around. I received samples from the company, but it can be purchased online through Rokit.com where a 6 pack cereal cup costs $17.94 - almost $3.00 each, which is pricey, so I would save this for mornings when I know I'm going to using a lot of energy - like running a half marathon, or doing a triathlon.

{Website: Rokit Fuel}


View the original article here

No comments: