Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Sensational Sunday Shots and Silliness

It seems all Sunday’s start the same, with laundry. Since Little Man wakes me up at the crack of freakin’ dawn, I’ve learned to take advantage. We roll out of bed, dump the hampers and start sorting. Then we bring it down stairs to start the first load before breakfast.

Today was a bit of a fruit fest. I cut up a pear while Little man went to town on a pomegranate. He’s my official little pomegranate cleaner. :)

Anyone remember this gem from our archives? The TODDLER and I show you how we clean pomegranates. He’s been doing it for 3 years now! INSANE!

Besides the pomegranate and pear we tried our first ever Green Smoothie.

As you can see.. it was a big hit! Click here to see how we made.

We rounded out breakfast with a few hard boiled eggs. It was perfect!

After breakfast we got lots of miscellaneous stuff done, cleaned up the kitchen, folded laundry, yada, yada. Pretty boring stuff.

Then I hopped on my computer and happened to catch this post on Mrs. Fatass which led me to JourneyBeyond Survival’s Fundraising Page. JBS is a mere 25% from raising enough funds to get a therapy dog for her daughter. I felt and feel compelled to share the link. I donated and hopefully you can too. Every little bit helps.

While surfing I had a leftover bowl of Spicy Meatless Meaty Kale Soup while Little Man and Husband played Lego Batman. I’m proud of myself for finding ways of getting more leafy greens in during this pregnancy. I’ve been feeling good with my food choices even though I’ve been snacking my way through most evenings.

Soon it was lunch time. I made the boys sandwiches. Specifically a HAM sandwich for Little Man which seems quite fitting…

He cracks me up when he’s not annoying the CRAP out of me. ;)

I kept my lunch light, sticking with some carrots dipped in my new obsession

becuase I was meeting a friend for a lunch/movie date. We both wanted to see Black Swan which was… ummmm, alright. Not the best movie of the year but I enjoyed it. Natalie Portman was amazing though!

After the movie, the husband and I finished up the laundry, I made dinner, cleaned up, packed tomorrow’s lunch, read some stories and sent Little Man to bed. Again, boring stuff.

Right now I’m indulging in a chocolate craving with some super dark and waiting for Louis C.K. Hilarious to come on Comedy Central. He’s one of my favorite comedians of all time. Here’s a clip of him talking about 5 year olds that CRACKS me up. Be warned he’s like most comedian. Translation: He tells it like it is and curses. A lot.

Ok, he’s on in like 5 minutes. Gotta go! :)

Update: I’m watching and he did this bit on parenting that’s pretty funny….


View the original article here

No comments: