Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Arctic Ease (review/party alert!)

By now Ive yammered ad nauseum about the fact that I broke my booty.

An injury which rendered me like this:

& caused a never backs down from anything misfit to bail on the Las Vegas Half-Marathon.

When I finally figured out what was wrong I stretched, rolled, & clam-shelled my way back to normal (for reals. Id say Im 70% MizFit again!).

And I wrapped.

My lower-hip glute-booty region (TMI?) with Arctic Ease.

(Ill pause and letcha peruse that link.  Here’s where I announce I was 100% a cynic but ready to give anything a shot.  FTC? I received my sample for free.  The glute-relief found within is all my own.)

Sure whether Arctic Ease is what lessened my piriformis-pain is debatable (quite frankly if it was placebo effect Ill that that too!), but the fact Im wholly smitten with the stuff (as are Ren Man & the Tornado) is not.

What did I like about the Arctic Ease Cryotherapy Wrap?

It is cold & ready to use right out of the package. As bizarre as it initially seemed there’s zero refrigeration necessary.  This is a bonus both for use on the go & the fact this scattered mama can forget to put ‘need to freeze’ ice packs back in freezer after use.It uses absorbed body heat to cool covered area. Call me easily impressed but I thought this was pretty cool (rimshot?).  The heat the wrap absorbs is then lost to evaporation which allows it to stay cool for hours (!) without the drippy mess of ice-packs or, if you’re me, frozen bags of peas.I could still run frolic & be free! Unlike my bags of peas which limit me to couch-time the Arctic ease wraps are precisely that: cryotherapy wraps you place on and go! I adored not having my life/mobility limited.  In addition it wraps on to itself (no tape etc needed).Green Green GREEN! The wraps are reusable & environmentally friendly.  They contain no latex or adhesives & are 100% biodegradable.  ‘Nuff said.

What didnt I like about the Arctic Ease Cryotherapy Wrap?

The lack of pink, princess or sparkle accents. Yes I kid (I need to have something I found disappointing and for me the wraps were a wear under my clothing G-dsend)…and I dont.  While these work great for the hardcore runners among us (waves at Tricia) as mom to a tomboy of a girl I love them for her constant bonks & bruises.  She likes how they feel but wishes they accessorized her tutus moremore.

Why am I sharing this today? (thanks for asking!)

Because Im so wrap’smitten Im throwing a party.

A Twitter party. (not sure what one is? VOILA!)

And youre all invited.

The event will include women wiser than myself Lisa Johnson, Joyce Cherrier, and Ana Picazo.

It will take place 1.13.11 from 7p-8p central and will use the hashtag #coolwraps.

And there will be many fantastic prizes including a superflybigone for RSVPing below & attending.

Confused? Perplexed? Plain ole party-befuddled?

Please to hit me up in the comments below.


View the original article here

No comments: