Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 26, 2013

Sensational Sunday Shots

It’s been a pretty low-key weekend, which is exactly what I needed. Friday night I had dinner plans with a friend. Saturday I had an at-home date night with The Husband since the 8-year-old was invited to a sleep over. And today? Well, I did what I could with a hangover and a stomach virus.

The 2-year-old awoke ready to play.

20131013_A

He’s obsessed with this Cube Puzzle by Melissa and Doug

First we did the sheep.

20131013_B

Then the duck.

20131013_C

Then the chicken, which ended the way things normally end with toddler boys.

20131013_D

Then the cow.

20131013_E

Then Mom had enough and I shuffled him down to the messy kitchen.

20131013_F

And the cook-fest began.

20131013_H

I didn’t join the CSA this year as I knew I’d be traveling a lot but a friend asked if I wanted her share this week. I happily accepted the 4 bags of farm-fresh produce.

I decided to make an Indian-inspired roasted eggplant soup and it came out phenomenal. I hope to get the recipe up on GreenLiteBites tomorrow.

In addition to the soup, I hard boiled eggs for the week and made these two a bacon and egg breakfast.

20131013_G

It was so weird without the 8-year-old but we still had fun cleaning and getting ready for the week.

20131013_I

I started a project that I’ve been wanted to do for months.

20131013_J

My clothes were in desperate need of organizing. I went through every darn drawer and my closet.

I broke from the crazy clothes purge and we picked up the other kid.

20131013_K

*sigh*

The rest of the day I finished my clothes and took a nap. Then the husband left for tennis and I had dinner with these two.

20131013_L

Why, yes, he is putting spaghetti in his milk.

Anyway, no yoga, no run, nothing today. I needed a break.

View the original article here

No comments: