Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 26, 2013

Hungry vs. Greedy: how my stomachs do battle in the quest to make good food choices

Hey ya’ll. Welcome to the very real world of my stomachs. If you frequently loiter around this place, you know it’s been a little since I talked about that deep, dark realm where the battle to make good food choices is waged daily.

What better way to show you how I do battle on The Field of Stomachs than by giving you some real life examples of a day in the life:

Say what now? I ate breakfast 2 hours ago, but now I’m hungry again? I do my best eat well in the morning to combat unscheduled hunger. But there goes a stomach for ya — always begging like a banshee for more food when it’s not time yet.

On this particular day, my stomachs tried to claim hungry, but I was skeptical about the validity of that claim. Instead of shoving 2nd breakfast into my jaws, I grabbed a fancy flower cup and began to gulp waters. PADDOW!! The hunger disappeared right away. I was able to carry on until lunch without any unnecessary snacking. flower teacup Hungry vs. Greedy: how my stomachs do battle in the quest to make good food choices Conclusion: Either the water did the trick or the flowered cup is real magical ‘n stuff. Haven’t figured it out yet.

Yup. You know how people are. You’re on a roll with good food choices, but here they come bringing you muffins and other high calorie foodstuffs. This situation was a blind-sider. Totally caught me off guard. As you can see from the pic, I did start eating the muffin. But two bites in, I decided the muffin just wasn’t worth it. I’d rather postpone my greediness to gnaw on whole pumpkin pies or an entire sheet cake eaten at the perfectly appointed time.

healthy muffin Hungry vs. Greedy: how my stomachs do battle in the quest to make good food choices Instead of muffins and foods of that sort, my current go-to snack to manage the afternoon sweet tooth is a lightly toasted Eggo smathered in local raw honey. Instant satisfaction, baby! This snack is so tasty. It gives the illusion of being greedy but you’re really not. The treat also doubles as a sophisticated evening snack to bring about the same wonderful bliss without bamboozling your fitness.

raw honey eggo Hungry vs. Greedy: how my stomachs do battle in the quest to make good food choices Honey is so dang good for you. The Eggo merely serves as a low-calorie vehicle by which to ingest the sweetness.

Nothing makes me more irritable than going to bed hungry or waking up in the middle of the night with a growling stomach. No longer will I force the hubs to cook me a 3-course meal at 11pm. That’s why I keep emergency foodstuffs at the bedside. A little nibbling on some crackers with a gulp of water is pretty handy for telling the stomach to SHUT THE HELL UP! Crackers are ideal because they’re a direct threat to your bed/covers if you eat too many. With every bite you take, it increases the chance you’ll be sleeping in a pile of crumbs. This is my motivation for keeping the cracker nibbling to a minimum. ((snore))

kebbler crackers Hungry vs. Greedy: how my stomachs do battle in the quest to make good food choices

These are just few of the ways I do warfare. I don’t win every single battle, but I’ve trained myself to be on helluva warrior anyway. I don’t get down on myself about the defeats, because seriously: Can anyone ever win ‘em all? All the time?

Disclaimer: I ate ice cream during the writing of this blog post.  O_o

If you’re my fellow warrior, give me a shout out in the comments. BOOM!

v Like me on Facebook

v Follow me on Twitter

v Subscribe to YumYucky on YouTube


View the original article here

No comments: