Total Pageviews

Monday, August 5, 2013

A Birthday Weigh In

I’ve avoided the scale for 2 months now but decided today it was time to take a peek. I couldn’t help myself. My data collecting side took over. I just got REALLY curious what the scale would read on my 37th birthday.

I hopped on first thing this morning.

Closed my eyes.

Counted to 10….

and voila!

20130724_weighin

Pretty much EXACTLY where I was when I stopped weighing in!!

I don’t know what to say. I’m speechless. I’ve pretty much maintained without food journaling, without weigh in, without “dieting,” without even thinking about it. Actually, “pretty much” is an understatement.

I’ve maintained.

As someone who used to live their life in one of two states, gaining or losing, this. is. HUGE.

I’ve never completely disconnected from everything at once. I went through periods of not food journaling but I’d still check the scale. I’ve also avoided the scale for long periods of time but was still counting points or calories. I’ve pretty much always kept one foot in the I’m-a-recovering-dieter door.

Is it possible I’m a “Recovered Dieter?

Hmmm, I don’t want to get too cocky. I’m just going to keep taking things one day at a time. :)

OK, I REALLY have to go. I have a flight to Chicago in a few hours. I’m speaking at BlogHer’s Healthminder Day tomorrow!

How did your week go? Did anyone take any leaps out of their comfort zones? Big or small? PLEASE SHARE!


View the original article here

No comments: