Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Weekend Quote: I Run Because…

This is a special challenge-inspired weekend quote. I hopped on Facebook really quick this morning and saw this:

970858_10151605536524323_392493251_n

Oh how I love a good daily challenge! And since I pretty much retired #YogaADay and #DailyYogurt for myself, I think it’s a good time to move on to #RWRunStreak.

According to Runner’s World, the idea is to run at least one mile per day, every day, starting on Memorial Day (Monday, May 27) and ending on Independence Day (Thursday, July 4). That’s 39 consecutive days of running!

This is going to be tough for me with the conference quickly approaching, but it’s exactly the type of thing I NEED. By forcing me to take at least 10 minutes (I run a 10-minute mile on average) a day for myself it will let me clear my head and relieve some stress.

In honor of this challenge I sought a running-related quote and this one couldn’t be more perfect.

“I run because it’s so symbolic of life. You have to drive yourself to overcome the obstacles. You might feel that you can’t. But then you find your inner strength and realize you’re capable of so much more than you thought.”
– Arthur Blank

I couldn’t agree more. Running has really changed me and my perception of what I’m capable of. I still remember the feeling of running for the first time on the treadmill, and if I think about crossing the finish line of my first-ever 5k, I’m not going to lie, my eyes start to well with tears.

It really is that emotional for me. I told myself over and over again it wasn’t possible, but I was really capable of so much more – SO MUCH MORE.

I just needed a little confidence to try.

So …

Who’s willing to push themselves out of their comfort zone? If you are not currently a runner, commit to a walk and try just a little trot, maybe a jog, every day. You may surprise yourself!

I’ll be posting a photo on Instagram and Twitter using #RWRunStreak. Tag me (@RoniNoone) if you want to join in. I’d love to follow your progress too!

Oh! and if you have questions about the challenge, Runners World has a great FAQ.


View the original article here

No comments: